Roland Blues Cube Fan Club

schenkadere

Friend of Leo's
I know...but it seems like a waste of a really nice amp. Someone could be doing more with it than I am. I really don't need more than a really nice bedroom amp these days. I always wanted one and had some fun with it, but it's more than I'll ever need and takes up too much space in my limited area.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Hi guys. I'm considering selling my BC-60...

The concept of selling one's only BC-60 is alien to every fibre of my being. It's almost tantamount to infidelity! Admittedly I did, with the utmost reluctance, sell my beloved 3x10 due to lack of space, but then again I also had the even more beloved 1x12, in addition to a literal roomful of my other amps, instruments and equipment. Either the 3x10 or my wife had to go and I got a better price for the amp...

Seriously, if it's in the mint condition you describe and you really have no choice but to part with it, ask a particularly outrageous sum. In that way it's much more likely that only a prospective buyer in the know about Blues Cubes will respond. You can always negotiate a selling price down, but it's tough to hike it later.

schenkadere

Friend of Leo's
I've always sold through eBay in the past. Maybe I'll try listing it here in the classifieds. I have to decide. I really hate the thought of shipping it although it did arrive to me just fine. I've shipped plenty of amps and only had one bad experience...not damaged but stolen.

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
Hmm. Finally coming around to the idea of selling my 1x12. Space issues. Money. Etc. Based in Devon, Uk if anyone interested.comes with an Emi Wizard but you can also have the Roland speaker.

Jefe

Tele-Afflicted
Ya know what? You guys who are thinking about selling your Blues Cubes? Get out! You're no longer wanted here in the Blues Cube club! ;-)

PS - you are making a big mistake. You will rue the day you sold your Blues Cube! Rue, I say!!!

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
PS - you are making a big mistake. You will rue the day you sold your Blues Cube! Rue, I say!!!

I have to say I agree with that. Practically everyone I've encountered who once had a Blues Cube but no longer does regrets having parted with it.

Grateful Ape

Tele-Afflicted
Yep, but it's more painful currently not being in the tele owners' club. That's what that cash is earmarked for..

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
AAARGH! O Calamity! I took my BC-60 on a gig last night to treat myself and the audience to a decent sound for once. When I bought it several years ago it was used but in brand-new condition and I've always kept it that way, protected by an excellent RoqSolid cover.

But when I got it onto the stage and took the cover off... Horrors! What's this? The grille cloth has a split in it over to one side where it's seemingly been pushed against the timber frame underneath. Can't understand how that happened. Wasn't me, guv... Anyway, the gig went well, the amp sang as it always does, but now I've got to replace the grille cloth. I expect I'll find a matching variety and probably pay someone to do a professional job on it.

Not really seeking tips or advice, but just sharing my relatively trivial woes with you kindred spirits here.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
UK eBay alert - a nice BC-30 1x12

What looks like a very nice example of the 30-watt Blues Cube is on UK eBay at the moment: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181709447396. Greater Manchester area.

It ends on Sunday early evening and at time of writing the bidding's up to £142 without yet having met the reserve. Not for me, this one, but just pointing it up in case anyone's interested.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
AAARGH! O Calamity! I took my BC-60 on a gig last night to treat myself and the audience to a decent sound for once. When I bought it several years ago it was used but in brand-new condition and I've always kept it that way, protected by an excellent RoqSolid cover.

But when I got it onto the stage and took the cover off... Horrors! What's this? The grille cloth has a split in it over to one side where it's seemingly been pushed against the timber frame underneath. Can't understand how that happened. Wasn't me, guv... Anyway, the gig went well, the amp sang as it always does, but now I've got to replace the grille cloth. I expect I'll find a matching variety and probably pay someone to do a professional job on it.

Not really seeking tips or advice, but just sharing my relatively trivial woes with you kindred spirits here.

FWIW Tony this is the stuff I used to replace the grill cloth on mine. Not exactly like the original but very close. Tugged a little to hard when I stapled the middle and had to redo that part but here's a pic of that grill cloth on the amp before I made the adjustment. I'd be willing to bet someone in England sells something just like it as well.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/S-G301

Attachments

• 2013-12-03 12.00.45.jpg
    2013-12-03 12.00.45.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 124

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I've always sold through eBay in the past. Maybe I'll try listing it here in the classifieds. I have to decide. I really hate the thought of shipping it although it did arrive to me just fine. I've shipped plenty of amps and only had one bad experience...not damaged but stolen.

Sad to hear you're parting ways with your BC 60. Maybe a smaller Cube 40gx or 80gx would work out better for you as a space saver but still at least get you close tonally as far as the cleans go.

In top condition BC 60 can go for $350 or a bit more but the shipping is the killer. I think you'll have a hard time getting top dollar and asking someone to pay the cost of shipping it which could easily run another $50-$100.

stax

Tele-Afflicted
Sad to hear you're parting ways with your BC 60. Maybe a smaller Cube 40gx or 80gx would work out better for you as a space saver but still at least get you close tonally as far as the cleans go.

In top condition BC 60 can go for $350 or a bit more but the shipping is the killer. I think you'll have a hard time getting top dollar and asking someone to pay the cost of shipping it which could easily run another $50-$100.

I'd been after a BC60 for a couple of years before getting mine, not many came up but the first three that did had trouble fetching £150 on ebay UK, unfortunately they were too far for me to pick up but eventually one came up in London which I got for just over £100 and apart from one of the brass inserts missing was pretty much mint.
Surprisingly despite how good they are there didn't seem to be a lot of interest?
I've been doing lots of gigs with mine since I've had it and it has been fantastic.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
FWIW Tony this is the stuff I used to replace the grill cloth on mine. Not exactly like the original but very close. Tugged a little to hard when I stapled the middle and had to redo that part but here's a pic of that grill cloth on the amp before I made the adjustment. I'd be willing to bet someone in England sells something just like it as well.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/S-G301

Thanks, Paul! Yes, you're quite right - I've found the material available from a UK source. Now it's just a matter of buying what I need and getting the job done - or more likely paying someone else to do it as I don't trust my own skills!

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I'd been after a BC60 for a couple of years before getting mine, not many came up but the first three that did had trouble fetching £150 on ebay UK, unfortunately they were too far for me to pick up but eventually one came up in London which I got for just over £100 and apart from one of the brass inserts missing was pretty much mint.
Surprisingly despite how good they are there didn't seem to be a lot of interest?
I've been doing lots of gigs with mine since I've had it and it has been fantastic.

In a way it's sad that such a great amp tends to sell fairly cheaply, though of course it's great news for potential buyers. When I got my BC-60 1x12 a few years ago I paid a relatively whopping £375 for it, but it was a conscious choice based on its condition and the fact that the model was predicted to become a sought-after classic - not that I'd consider selling it anyway. No matter - it's nevertheless earned its cost many times over and never fails to delight the lugholes every time it gets switched on.

Mind you, I later bought a 3x10 to keep it company, for which I paid a little under £200, although I had to drive to Gloucestershire to collect it. When, with the utmost reluctance, I had subsequently to part with that big beastie for reasons of space I made a very small profit. Seemingly that wouldn't be the case now.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
What looks like a very nice example of the 30-watt Blues Cube is on UK eBay at the moment: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181709447396. Greater Manchester area.

It ends on Sunday early evening and at time of writing the bidding's up to £142 without yet having met the reserve. Not for me, this one, but just pointing it up in case anyone's interested.

The item was eventually bid up to £176.00, but the winning bidder was seemingly a time-waster, so the amp's been relisted, ending Tuesday morning, 21st April. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rowland-Blues-Cube-Guitar-Amplifier/181716693210

Note that he's spelt Roland incorrectly, so searchers may not spot the item.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thanks, Paul! Yes, you're quite right - I've found the material available from a UK source. Now it's just a matter of buying what I need and getting the job done - or more likely paying someone else to do it as I don't trust my own skills!

It's not quite as easy as it looks obviously. Kind of a bugger to get it perfectly straight. Mine still isn't but it's close enough for an old hack like me. ;)