Rohs KD Ibanez Bridge PUP?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by The Angry Possum, Jul 17, 2019.

1. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum Tele-Meister

I need help in wiring my Ibanez Korean Bridge Pickup. It has A Red, White, and a Ground wire, as shown in photo below. When I run an ohm meter from red to ground I get 6.7 k ohms. When I run it to white to ground I get 13.6 k ohms. When I tie the white and red together and test with ohmeter I get 6.7k ohms.

My question is how do I wire this pickup. Do I use the white wire because I get a higher ohm reading at 13.6k. Which I want. And or is the red wire a coil split wire. I'm confused. I may like to do a coil split setup as well. Not sure yet... I just need some guidance.

20190717_112323.jpg

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Ground to ground and signal to White for HB or red for split coil/coil tap.

The Angry Possum likes this.
  3. The Angry Possum

The Angry Possum Tele-Meister

So I can coil tap with this pickup configuration? And if so, what do I need to purchase to do this Ex. (Import Switch or Push/Pull pot) And can you advise on how to wire it? I was thinking either coil tapping with an ibanez import switch or push pull pot.

4. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not familiar with the pickup you have. I just know that the higher DCR reading is for both coils in Series as the humbucker. The red wire with lower DCR reading has to be coil split or coil tap. In order for you to find out which, you'll need to wire it up and touch a small flat head screwdriver to the poles of each coil. If both coils produce a pop through the amp - you have a coil tap, if just one coil produces a pop - it's a coil split. The coil split(positioned correctly will give you the 2 single coil operations like a Mustang/Duosonic would have. It's most likely going to be a coil split.

The Angry Possum likes this.
  5. rigatele

rigatele Tele-Afflicted

RoHS is not a brand. It's an environmental conformity label - Restriction of Hazardous Substances.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.