Rocky Road Ice Cream Rant

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
As a kid I loved Rocky Road Ice Cream. Thick chocolate mixed with Walnuts and swirles of gooey marshmallow.

After my recent event, I decided I deserved a special treat. I get to make dietary choices now.

I decided to throw down some serious money and buy a 1/2 gallon of RRIC, so good it needs an acronym.

Got home and put in the freezer because the trip home might have made it too soft. This was top dollar special. Except it wasn't.

It was way too sweet, very little marshmallow cream and tiny little bits of walnut. I pitched it.

Lesson learned. Buy it at a nice cream store, one scoop, check it out, then if good spend the big bucks there.

Sorry RRIC needs to be good. Any recommendations?

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
2E034B07-76AF-4249-8DC3-D534FA3024BD.jpeg

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Never was a fan of Rocky Road. Marshmallows aren’t my thing.

My dad made one of the best home churned ice creams ever.
He started out with his traditional vanilla. When about 1/3 churned (yes, cranked by hand) he would remove the ice & salt from the top, open the canister and add a small can of Hershey’s chocolate and a big handful of Grape Nuts cereal, reseal, put the ice & salt back and continue to churn until the ice cream was set.

Remove the dasher, put the canister in the freezer for a half hour and serve. That was heaven in a bowl

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
Sounds good, except for the walnuts.

My idea of a great chocolate marshmallow ice cream (with chocolate chunks/fishes).

1658910212116.png