Rocky Horror: Are You A Virgin?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stanford Guitar, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Friend of Leo's

If not, any good show stories to share?

RH.jpg

wulfenganck and stormsedge like this.
  2. Peegoo

Peegoo Doctor of Teleocity

Every Friday night we used to go down to the Pillow Theater (later called the Dream Theater) on Cannery Row in Monterey CA to watch RHPS. It was a WACKY time.

3. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Friend of Leo's

D1A8384E-DA43-40D0-92D1-CEB3532CC197_1_105_c.jpeg

68Telebass likes this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I just shared this same story here a few weeks ago, but when I was 17 in 1979 I went on a school trip to Washington DC and we went to see it. A girl in the audience was spraying water in the air (at what I assume was the appropriate time), and the guy in front of her told her to knock it off. She didn't, so he turned around and nailed her in the face with his Coke. The fight was loud but short.

stormsedge likes this.
  5. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

I've seen the Rocky Horror Show a couple of times, the audience were much weirder than the cast.

6. bromdenlong

bromdenlong Tele-Meister

I only went in full drag once. La Paloma Theater in Encinitas. Waiting outside in line, some stumbling drunk guy walking by fell in love with my hot legs. He must have walked past a dozen times, ogling. It's nice to be wanted, I guess.

7. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Afflicted

Truly funny.

Timbresmith1 likes this.
  8. 68Telebass

68Telebass Friend of Leo's

Yes.

9. Timbresmith1

Timbresmith1 Tele-Afflicted

I almost saw it in a theatre once.

The people that wanted us to go see it with them were WAY too into it. Anything that good can’t possibly be any good, can it?

The old lady kinda party-pooped it, so we split. She was like, “Say thank you”. I’m like, “For what?” “I saved you” She said I would have hated it. I’ve seen snippets since. She was absolutely right. I probably would have dipped out for a smoke and stayed out. I’m not really the audience participation type.
    Some of my friends love it, tho.

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  10. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I've played with our state's orchestra as I read quickly. Rocky Horror is not many genres , not like Weber/ Lloyd musicals, which have many styles.
    My faovorurite is " Joseph and His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" a great array of styles, each song is distinctly different.

11. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve seen it in a theater a couple of dozen times. I’ve had a VCR copy that wore out. I’ve got it on DVD. A great show

12. stormsedge

stormsedge Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The first time, we had third row center seats at a midnight show. It was about as ground zero as one could get for such an initiation. We were young. Fun.

bromdenlong likes this.
  13. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Way back in the day, I went to at least a dozen of the midnight showings of Rocky Horror at the Alabama Theater here in Houston. It was always an event, people dressed up, throwing stuff, repeating lines. Good times!

telleutelleme likes this.
  14. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

A local cinema showed it once a year.
    Of course everybody went fully dressed up and equipped - I was a lovely Magenta, if I may bragg for a second. My then girlfriend was pretty annoyed, because her red high heels fitted me perfectly. Although I had to train walking in these things for half an hour....

bromdenlong likes this.
  15. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Worst movie ever made, IMO. Mrs. Roadie is a big fan, though. You can't be a fan of every last thing there is. You should go tell your bride about this thread & thank her again.

Fretting out and Timbresmith1 like this.
  16. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I rather prefer the stage version.

17. arlum

arlum Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Rocky Horror Picture Show ....... I always figured that someone decided to take New York's Time Square at that moment in time, put it in a box, wrap it up like a Christmas present and send it out to all the normal people across the rest of the country to see their reaction. Both my wife and children loved it. Then again .... I've never considered them completely normal. I'm husband and father. I went with them. I'm smart husband and father. During all discussions of this topic I would smile and nod. Now I realize Rocky Horror was just ahead of it's time. The company I've worked at for over 44 years now has a staff in human resources that appears to use Rocky Horror as a template for choosing the best candidates for open job positions. Rocky Horror. The birthplace of Diversity in the workplace. I'm not going anywhere. I've had a long lifetime of smiling and nodding.

3fngrs likes this.
  18. NC E30

NC E30 Tele-Meister

When I was in high school in the mid 80's a bunch of us would go see it at the midnight movies. There were always plenty of people in costume with all of the items to throw. The movie was terrible, but the audience participation made it fun. I always felt bad for the poor schlep who had to clean the theater afterwards.

19. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Seen it on VHS once.

Fretting out likes this.
  20. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Midnight Movies! It’s been a while. But lots of fun. Felt a little sorry for the theatre employees afterward.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.