Rockin and Roland

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
1653755197641.png

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, that was sort of a moment in time, wasn't it, for such a thing? Do you have one of the analog synths for it? (GR-300 I think?) A friend of mine has one but doesn't use it much. I like the wooden G-303 and G-808 a lot. About a year ago the guitar player on the James Cordin show played one. Hadn't seen one in a long time.
(Edited auto typo)

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Wasn’t one of those pretty prominent in one of Zebra’s music videos, way back when?

Someone needs to do a jazz gig with one of those.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I do not have the synth thing. I just use it as a double humbucker guitar, for which, it sounds awesome.

Yeah Zebra and Steve Stevens/BillyIdol and Sigue Sigue Sputnik are some of the more prominent users from back in the day

also this guy
1653760814088.png

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I do not have the synth thing. I just use it as a double humbucker guitar, for which, it sounds awesome.

Yeah Zebra and Steve Stevens/BillyIdol and Sigue Sigue Sputnik are some of the more prominent users from back in the day

also this guy
View attachment 988067
Do you think Page played one any longer than it took to take the picture and collect the hefty check? ;)

John C

Friend of Leo's
I've heard it said he used the setup for his scoring of Death Wish, uh what was it, III?
Could certainly just be a rumor

Page did actually use one for the Death Wish II soundtrack, but it was the earlier models (GR-300 synth and G-808 guitar). And they did the requisite ad for it:

Jimmy-Page-Roland-ad-13.02.82web.jpg

Yeah, that was sort of a moment in time, wasn't it, for such a thing? Do you have one of the analog synthetic for it? (GR-300 I think?) A friend of mine has one but doesn't use it much. I like the wooden G-303 and G-808 a lot. About a year ago the guitar player on the James Cordin show played one. Hadn't seen one in a long time.

The G-707 was released with the GR-700 floor unit, but they were compatible with the older GR-300 and GR-100 units.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The first time I tried one was at Uncle Bob's, when they were arounf 63rd and Capitol in Milwaukee. I thought it was fun, although I had no use for one myself. Still, if I'd had the extra cash laying around...
I tried the entire setup at some guitar shop in Wausau, back in the mid 80s. I was pretty blown away