Rockdogs Build Challenge Discussion (not the build)

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by TDPRI, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister B

Mister B Tele-Holic

An excellent point, lots of very talented builders contributed to this year's challenge and we shouldn't overlook their efforts. Rockdog's build was my clear favourite but many others were outstanding too.

Also, let's not nitpick about the exact shape of Scatter's build, it isn't fair to even hint that his build also transgresses the rules. Leave it to the Mods to make that judgement.

2. rockdog.

rockdog. Tele-Meister

I never thought that the disqualification of my guitar would end up in such a discussion.

For sure it hurts being disqualified on the very last day, but I obviously broke a rule and have to bear the consequences for this. That's ok and I accept this.
    My interpretation of the said rule was as long as it's based on a Tele shaped body it would be ok. Guess I was wrong.
    I still have my guitar, it's a pleasure to jam with her, what more could one want?

But please don't start to drag the other challenge guitars through the dirt now because of my disq, that's not fair.
    There are some amazing guitars left in the challenge, they don't deserve this treatment.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words guys, I really appreciate it.

rockdog

3. axedaddy

axedaddy Tele-Afflicted

Just goes to show the high class guitars you build are a direct reflection of the type of person you are. GOOD FOR YOU!

4. flatfive

flatfive Friend of Leo's

Very gracious of you, rockdog!

5. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Rockdog i was devastated to learn your amazing build was Dq'd. i had a pit in my stomach all day at work as if my own build that was Dq'd.

Not only did your build (as well as many others) set the bar much higher this year, but your grace poise and examples of what true sportsmanship is all about is something that we can all look up to.

Not only is your build pure class , its clear its builder is pure class as well.

Congrats Rockdog! rock on!

6. ugly_guitar_guy

ugly_guitar_guy Tele-Meister

I understood the rules pretty clearly at the beginning, and was a big reason that I didn't join in this year. With the stuff I've been building lately, I would rather have built something more creative than a basic tele shape. That's just the building mood that I'm in right now. It's a tough decision to make, but good on the mods for sticking to the rules and making the hard choices.

rockdog - Beautiful guitar!

7. gcat

gcat TDPRI Member

No dog in this fight, but the contour at the output jack is not the same.

8. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

+1 - rockdog - your an awesome builder and obviously a awesome person. I think the main thing that I see is the concern of a community that we might be doing a disservice to one of our members. I think that's been expressed in some ways that are unfortunate, but for a lot of us that do these challenges - the challenge is not really about making guitars or winning something as much as it is just having an opportunity to experience the comradery of some very like minded folks that we have all the respect in the world for that happen to have the same passion for making guitars that we do... I learned that it's not about the guitars for a lot of us its about an interesting friendship that we all share - I think that's what makes us all winners - whether we finished, did not finish, got dqed or finished with the most votes... The way I see it, please take our responses to this as the support of a community for you in a difficult situation. The greatest achievement someone can get out of this sort of thing is the respect of your friends and that you accomplished that in a big way. Oh, and thanks for showing us the right way to do inlays on a guitar body - that's awesome!!!

Are you a fan of Bruce Bennett's work?

9. francomanca

francomanca Tele-Meister

Rockdog......

You are a cool lady.

Franco

10. dazzaman

dazzaman Tele-Afflicted

Huge respect from me, rock dog, that is a really well written post. It was great being in the challenge with you, I loved you build.

11. Captain Nutslot

Captain Nutslot Friend of Leo's

very cool

12. macaroonie

macaroonie Friend of Leo's

13. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Thanks for posting, macaroonie. That's some LP... almost preeb-esque.

14. bigguy12321

bigguy12321 Tele-Meister

Hey, is there anybody who can put Rockdogs entry up in another section? I wanted to check it out but can't find it.

If I can't vote for her at least let me enjoy the build and video. :)

Please.

A

15. Bentley

Bentley Friend of Leo's

Hey bigguy, it was posted here previous to this thread.

16. Dep

Dep Tele-Holic

Beautiful build by a very classy lady. I know that there are rules and they need to be followed, so not faulting anyone for the decision.

Rockdog, I'm looking forward to many builds from you. I have a lot of things to learn.

Dep

17. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Well that's a real pity to finish and then be DQ'd, very nice looking guitar.

18. tangelolemon

tangelolemon Tele-Meister

rockdog has handled this with the utmost grace.

A great example.

19. bigguy12321

bigguy12321 Tele-Meister

Grahseeahs ahmeego!!

a

20. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

A genuine class act and amazing guitar builder, well done Rockdog. Guess I have to go back and pick another guitar to vote for now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.