Rock Lotto

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by KC, Jan 14, 2020.

1. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

Doing this for the second time -- it's fun. The idea is that you put your name in a hat & get assigned to a band with a bunch of musicians you don't usually play with & you have 6 weeks to develop a 25 minute set. Last time the songs had to be from an assigned album -- the Bodyguard soundtrack! -- but this time it's from a decade. Level of ability & experience is wildly variable. But the project is fun & challenging & a good way to expose yourself to musicians & styles of music you wouldn't otherwise know.

Final performance is a 4-hour extravaganza. Everybody plays, everybody drinks, somebody wins. Rock Lotto 4ever! Does this happen where you live? Or is this just a by-product of a long cold mountain winter?

Dan German likes this.
  2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I thought this was gonna be about the B-52 song :oops:

Torren61 and fnkmstr like this.
  3. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That sounds like a lot of fun, and probably a very good exercise for musicians.

I also sounds like my idea of hell. I like my comfort zone almost as much as I dislike people.

RodeoTex likes this.
  4. 68tele

68tele Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

What a great idea!

5. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Just curious. If you dislike people, why are you on social media?

6. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nothing against the idea of people, I just don't like the reality of them. It's OK, people don't much like me, either. And I prefer to think of it as antisocial media.

Seriously, though, I think the idea the OP is talking about is great. It just wouldn't work for me. I'm sure it would be good for me, but I know myself well enough to know I would never go along with it. I've dug my cave, I'll live in it.

Torren61 likes this.
  7. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

That’s cool. I hope it’s a nice “man cave” with many musical toys to mess with. The older I get, the more my circle of friends diminishes, but I’m okay with that. I don’t need other people to be entertained.

Concerning the OP, I would have been partaking in that kind of a challenge 25 years ago, but now it sounds too much like work.:D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Dan German likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.