Road runner - classic Detroit muscle

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The real deal. I had to settle for a four door with the same 383HP optioned...a great car, went >143K before grenading the transmission during its last official duties---demolition derby.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I went to school in Steelton PA (a Steel town) . In the mid-late sixties the guys would graduate and go to work for Bethlehem Steel which paid enough that many of the little streets were home to GTOs , Chevelles, MoPars of different varieties and a Vette or two etc. Not many were college bound so there were a bunch that got drafted and when/if they got home they seemed to be partial to BSA, Triumph and HD Sportsters.

Last edited:

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Closest I ever came was a clapped-out ‘68 Fury sedan with a 383 my junior year of high school, and a few years later storing a friend’s two-door New Yorker with a 383 in our barn. Not as sexy as the OP’s ad or the Cudas etc...but I loved bombing around in those cars.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
My brother had a 69 convertible I believe they only built 500 that year. Solid blue 383 4 speed Mag wheels, boy was I sad when he sold it....But it was a good thing because that would have been WAY to much HP for a first time car for myself..

Last edited: