uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Nice value too !
852BAC87-42C5-4A58-AFB8-3460EE0F09F7.jpeg

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I had a ‘69. Loved that car. I have one pic of it on my computer at work.

I wish I still had that car! Mine was that dark olive green with the flat black racing stripes on the hood. Had a 383 with a stock Hurst shifter. I could get rubber in all four gears.

I was with a buddy one night running “the loop” in our little city. We pulled up to a light beside a Vette. My buddy says, “you gotta run him!” Well, the light turned green, and I’ll be darned if I didn’t beat that Vette off the line. I was so excited that I missed second gear, therefore losing the race.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
The da had a Super Bee with the 383 Magnum. I love ‘em both. Gun to my head I’d probably choose a 67 Goat or Malibu SS, but the volume of epic 60s muscle out of MOPAR was unrivaled by Ford or GM.
Comin' back to this, just off the top of my head... Fury, Road Runner, Super Bee, Super Bird, Daytona, Barracuda/'Cuda, Challenger, Charger, Dart Swinger, Coronet 400. Google reminded me of a couple of others... Plymouth GTX, Duster 340. Some epic cars out of the other two (and AMC), but mopar was committed to muscle across the brand in a way the others just weren't.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't need a big 383, I'll just wait for a 1970 Cuda AAR with a 340ci motor with a 6 pack(3 two barrel carbs)
View attachment 940415
This is as bada.. as they got. The old man also had a ‘68 Barracuda fastback I grew up riding in the back of, but this body style is it for me, like the sister Challenger.

That color is the only one I’d have, tho maybe I’d prefer a 72 440 over the AAR. ;) Again tho, how many epic ‘Cuda variants are there and that’s just one model. So many cool cars from those guys.

billy logan

Tele-Holic
They shoulda just balanced and supercharged the Slant 6! And put the 12v in the trunk - decrease the front-heavyness.

btw There's a Freud Street in Detroit. They pronounce it Frood. Rhymes with mood. Take that, sike-i-itry!!!

Last edited:

tele12

Poster Extraordinaire
Would have had to pay for the upgrade to a 440 or 426 but yeah, killer ride.
The 440 was pretty reasonable, the 426 hemi was pricey.