Rivera TBR-1 SL Channel Switching

suburbansound16

TDPRI Member
Hey all!
(Newbie to the forum, so hopefully I'm in the right place.)

So I recently purchased a Rivera TBR-1 SL (in the mail as of now) and I've been trying to do my research, but am coming up short. I'm trying to see if anyone knows if there is a way to run both channels simultaneously, or is it a strict 'A/B' and no 'Y' with this amp?

Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I know nothing about this amp. I did find this, which Imfound very interesting. I'm going to finish listening to it. Since these are dual preamps running through stereo power amps, I am wondering if you are wanting to run both preamps together or runthe power amps bridged as a mono??
I see one input....and that PComp control is interesting there, isn't it. I see no provision for linking those two preamp channels. I would suspect that most of us would not be interested in running through both channels, and Paul Rivera more than likely did not see that as a necessity. That said, I did not watch that whole video so I did not see the back panel.
As for bridging the two power amps for mono??? For the days when these amps were built, I would think that stereo power amps would be the preference due to the stereo effects that the amp was built to accommodate.
Hopefully someone with experience with these will chime in and give you a more informed view. Have you joined the Rivera forum???

Paul in Colorado

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have a Rivera S120-210, which is a two channel stereo combo amp. It's either/or with mine. A or B, not both. I like it that way because you can set up each channel differently and go from one o another, though I use the American channel 90% of the time. It has a stereo effects loop, so there is that. I use either a Roland RE-150 Space Echo or a TC G-Major 2 in the loop.

Rivera is usually good at helping with info about their older amps, so you might contact them.

suburbansound16

TDPRI Member
I'm not really worried about the power amp section but if possible I'd still be looking to run the rig in full stereo.

I saw that it only had one input through the PCOMP section but I wasn't sure if there was some trick to run both preamps simultaneously or not. The goal here would be to run an overdrive/fuzz pedal into the clean channel as well as run the dirt channel for an extra thick sound at points.

I guess an approach I was considering was using an AB/Y box on the outs of the pre-amps (FX send) and just run them into the power amp (FX return). If I came up with a stereo AB/Y box, I think I could make it work in stereo still?

If I'm way off base or if there's something I'm missing, I'm open to suggestions!

suburbansound16

TDPRI Member
I have a Rivera S120-210, which is a two channel stereo combo amp. It's either/or with mine. A or B, not both. I like it that way because you can set up each channel differently and go from one o another, though I use the American channel 90% of the time. It has a stereo effects loop, so there is that. I use either a Roland RE-150 Space Echo or a TC G-Major 2 in the loop.

Rivera is usually good at helping with info about their older amps, so you might contact them.

And thanks for the reply!
I couldn't find a PDF (that would actually open) of the TBR users manual anywhere so I may try contacting Rivera.

suburbansound16

TDPRI Member
Update:

I emailed Rivera ([email protected]) and got an answer, same day. Great customer service, especially for a unit that's been long out of production! Haha

"You can't run both channels at the same time as you can only toggle back and forth between them. If you want to run a preamp and bypass the preamp in the TBR you can run it into the effects return on the back."

So that answers that. Just thought I'd share my findings.