Rivalry Week!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Not exactly my rivalry but seriously hoping Okie State beats OU because that’s necessary for Baylor to get into Big 12 championship.

One of our 2 losses was to our rival, we kinda blew it.
TCU actually spun off from Baylor in the 1880s. Such a long-standing rivalry the historically first use of “homecoming “ was TCU at Baylor in 1909, the invitations actually named it “Homecoming” to cheer the team against their rival. Ugh, hate to lose that game.

StoneH

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I grew up an Alabama fan (parents met there), so I have no mixed emotions when they play Auburn.

My youngest son went to FSU, but I'm still rooting for Florida.

Mark E Rhodes

Tele-Meister
I watched the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving (Ole Miss beat Mississippi State). Both my parents are from MS and most of my relatives are there, so I get into that game. (And root for Ole Miss.) But the biggest one for me is the Iron Bowl, and I root for Bama.
I was telling my wife the other day that nothing has upset as much this whole year as Bama's loss to Texas A&M. Saban knew A&M would bring all they had and then some; I don't think his players (-who are young---it seems half of last year's championship team is now playing in the NFL) believed it. This team can fly high for a quarter or two and then go idle for a quarter or two. It's worrisome.

tarheelbob

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Well, NC State took care of UNC last night in a great finish, so I'm in good shape.
upload_2021-11-27_11-24-31.png

Now, if Wisconsin takes care of Minnesota, all will be right with the world.
upload_2021-11-27_11-21-12.png

Go 'Pack, go Badgers! Hmm, something disturbingly unnatural about these two, now that I think about it...

- Bob

Tall-Fir

Tele-Meister
I would like to see it, but I don’t think the Wolverines can beat Ohio State. Michigan needs both more offense and more defense than they have shown in their past games this year to beat the Buckeyes.

Other important games are the “Civil War” as Oregon and Oregon State meet up, and the “Apple Bowl” which features Washington and Washington State.

It is indeed a fun weekend for college football fans!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Good game Texas Tech. Y’all came to play. In the end Baylor Bears prevailed. Be safe on your very long trip back to Lubbock.

Sic’em. Remember what they say. Keep your grades up. Or get your guns up.

Recce

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Not exactly my rivalry but seriously hoping Okie State beats OU because that’s necessary for Baylor to get into Big 12 championship.

One of our 2 losses was to our rival, we kinda blew it.
TCU actually spun off from Baylor in the 1880s. Such a long-standing rivalry the historically first use of “homecoming “ was TCU at Baylor in 1909, the invitations actually named it “Homecoming” to cheer the team against their rival. Ugh, hate to lose that game.
MIZZOU also claims Homecoming.
My favorite rivalry was MIZZOU against Kansas in football. When MIZZOU joined the SEC this rivalry stopped. The actual start of the rivalry was the Kansas Red Stockings crossing into Missouri during the Civil War and killing some folks in Missouri. The Missouri Militia went to Lawrence, Kansas and killed everyone they could find. The Kansas Football Team wore Red Socks for the game. I want this game back but Kansas won’t play MIZZOU.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
I think we'll forever have the "Kick Six" and now the "4 OT".

Roll Tide!

Frankly, I had given up...it was messy. Bad calls on both sides, poor ball handling, you name it. Glad we have a steely-eyed QB...and Metchie...and everybody else.

Can we just hand the SEC trophy to Georgia and go someplace fun for a bowl game? :)

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
We are an LSU family.
My wife and I are both grads and have kids headed that way.
Watching the LSU vs. Texas A&M game as I type.

We’re actually in Tuscaloosa, Alabama right now.
We stopped here on our way home from our Tennessee vacation.
We walked around Alabama’s campus and it is beautiful.
We watched the Iron Bowl here at the hotel.
I was pulling for Auburn.

Last edited:

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
MIZZOU also claims Homecoming.
My favorite rivalry was MIZZOU against Kansas in football. When MIZZOU joined the SEC this rivalry stopped. The actual start of the rivalry was the Kansas Red Stockings crossing into Missouri during the Civil War and killing some folks in Missouri. The Missouri Militia went to Lawrence, Kansas and killed everyone they could find. The Kansas Football Team wore Red Socks for the game. I want this game back but Kansas won’t play MIZZOU.
Yessir, there’s nothing like rivalry football.