RIP WickedGTR

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jhundt, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I was just passing on what I read. I probably should have done more investigating before I posted. Sorry if I offended anyone or spread untruths.

Joel Terry likes this.
  2. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Unfortunately, the account you relayed, despite the apparent shady nature of its source (this Eckart guy only has that one post on TGP o_O), will carry significant weight until it is refuted by another more verifiable account. That said, I'm hoping it ain't true in the end. But, it sounds pretty plausible, sadly.

Scott

Joel Terry and Paul in Colorado like this.
  3. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sad to hear if it's true.

Saw an old thread today with some names/people that aren't here anymore.

Joel Terry and getbent like this.
  4. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Here's a great live performance on Letterman back in '90 (plus a lot of chat from Isaak and Letterman afterwards)...

Skully, Joel Terry and lammie200 like this.
  5. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

ha ha! I am laughing it off watching Jimmy in that ill-fitting gold suit. He must have been suffering!

Joel Terry and micpoc like this.
  6. cc50fralin

cc50fralin Tele-Meister

Wow!

Very sad.

The guitar riff in Wicked Games is one of my favorites.

R.I.P. James.

Mike

Omiewise65 and SnidelyWhiplash like this.
  7. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

that was the first thing I thought when I read that story from TGP..."********" I only knew Jimmy from here and he sure as hell didn't come across as someone who would do that kind of crap especially with a kid in his care ....RIP Jimmy your flame will burn on...

Joel Terry likes this.
  8. voodoostation

voodoostation Friend of Leo's

I only knew Mr. Wilsey from his playing and his interactions here. So I only knew him as an artist and a (mostly) faceless name. And yet, he still made a great impression. I weep for a son without a father, and cry for a world that will no longer hear his talent. I rejoice for having, ever so briefly, listened to what he and his instrument had to say. His manner of passing is of no consequence, but his absence is. To you gentlemen that knew him, all I can offer is my condolences.

9. suthol

suthol Friend of Leo's

Hmm, according to google translate you may wish to play it more often :D

jhundt and E5RSY like this.
  10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, that's the problem with speaking ill of the departed. There's really no way to make up for it, certainly not to the one who's passed.

Joel Terry likes this.
  11. Joel Terry

Joel Terry Poster Extraordinaire

No, no, no--by no means was I taking a shot at you, Paul, or Todd Eckart! Paul, you've always been one of the more notably righteous TDPRI members, and I would never take exception with anything you'd say or even relay.

I was just taking a shot at the reprehensible "reliable source." I know who he is, and he is a pathological liar with a predilection for tearing everyone else down in order to elevate himself.

Sure, Jimmy had issues--who doesn't? But he was not homeless and living under a bridge--he was a far too good and conscientious father to have allowed things to get that bad for himself.

All apologies for my outburst. I'm just defending the character of someone who's no longer here to do it himself.

12. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Still, I like the information I'm sharing to be factual and as agenda free as I can. And I too want to honor Jimmy's memory.

Boubou, Joel Terry and blowtorch like this.
  13. TwangToInfinity

TwangToInfinity Tele-Holic

very sad to hear he has passed on.

had a couple little exchanges with him and he was funny and smart with a lot of interesting character.

i love his solo stuff very much, he looked and sounded so cool doing it too!

rip James Wisley

jhundt likes this.
  14. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Friend of Leo's

I like The Knack. Nice pop songs with a twist. Especially in the era in which they were most active. :cool:

15. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

My fav posting of his here on this site:

“A perfect guitar will sound like crap when 99.99% players in the world play it. The other .01% of the population will sound great on a crappy guitar.”

(By the way, assuming, just for point of reference, a US population of 325m and Europe about 725m that makes .01% of those two areas to be about 105,000 people)

16. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Interesting but doesn’t seem to be fact based unless I am missing something.

17. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

At least you know where yours is. I've been trying to find mine for 2 yrs or more (somebody likely "borrowed" it without asking me). I should've made a copy when I had the old 'puter with 2 disc players. Out of print now.

I removed a disc from a broken player in my Silverado. Assuming it powers up just push eject and insert another disc about an inch and on top of the stuck disc, push down slightly and pull. Should come out.
    If player is shot I'd insert a straight blade screwdriver in the slot far enough to twist it 90 degrees, reach in with tweezers maybe.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Glen W likes this.
  18. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I guess you had to be there to understand why they were held in such esteem. Maybe it was just tribalism...

rich815 likes this.
  19. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

A great guy,we emailed back and forth a few years back and he also sent me his amazing album.
    A great loss.RIP.

jhundt and rich815 like this.
  20. Dobronaut

Dobronaut Tele-Meister

My current duo does mainly original stuff, but we've recently worked up a version of Wicked Game. We played it at the gig yesterday, and I sent him my good wishes whole we were playing it. Where ever he is, I hope he has picked up some of the love and respect many of us have for him.

jhundt likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.