RIP Trevor Strnad

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
I know that we don't have a big metal community here on TDPRI but we have lost a true titan in our world. Trevor was the lead vocalist for the melodic death band The Black Dahlia Murder. Gone at 41, supposedly a suicide. This one really, really hurts on a personal level. Trevor and his band have been massive influences to me both as a musician and as a member of the larger metal community. I never had the honor to meet him but he was universally beloved in our world. He was an extremely positive influence, always promoting smaller bands and just a generally happy, kind person. I don't know what else to say, really. We lost a big one.

Much love to Trevor's family, friends, loved ones, and bandmates. I can't imagine the pain that they are all in right now, I didn't even know him and it has me pretty good. RIP Trevor, we'll always love you.

RobRiggs

Tele-Afflicted
I was saddened to hear of his death. We lose too many artists that way. I imagine their creativity makes them more sensitive and vulnerable in some cases at least.