RIP Marvin Lee Aday aka Meatloaf

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Sad news. I remember back in the day living on a street where when you walked down it you would here Bat of hell coming from every other house.
Thank you for the music R.I.P

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
RIP Meatloaf

A consumate frontman!! He would have been great in anyones band.

I did not know he had a 3-Octave range.

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
When I was a senior at university, my younger brother was a freshman and my roommate. He wore out the needle on my turntable, more than once, playing Bat Out of Hell over and over. I came to hate that record with a white-hot passion. Three years later, while roaring around Europe in a sports car, I could not get those songs out of my head. I have bought several copies of it over the years since, and it grew to be one of my all-time favorite albums.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Aday, you have brought me, and millions of others, much happiness over the years. A legacy to be proud of.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Aw (insert word for bowel movement here)!!!

74 is not exactly old. What an undeniable talent.
One of a kind, totally unique and larger than life itself in every sense in his artistic persona.
Not my go to music for a listen but my ears always welcomed his music and his music has always brought a smile to my miserable and cantankerous Scottish face.
Thanks for the memories Meat! You were part of the soundtrack to my young life.

My favourite Meatloaf story, (though not exactly about the man himself)...

A good friend of mine's father worked as an agent for tribute acts all over Europe and in the 1990s used to run an event where around a dozen of these acts would gather for a large week long event at a hotel complex in Mallorca.

My friend was doing the lighting and some pyrotechnics for the shows and the tribute acts varied from Tom Jones, Elvis, Tina Turner, to Meatloaf among others. All of these 'Stars' lived in and around the hotel complex for the week.

Out of all these tribute 'Stars', Meatloaf (the tribute) never broke character once on or off stage. Not even for a second. He answered to no name other than Meatloaf.
This guy lived, breathed and farted as if he was, in fact, Marvin Lee Aday aka Meatloaf, from the moment my friend picked him up at the airport to the point he dropped him off at the departure gate a week later.

I'd like to think he still does.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
It's amazing to me that Bat out of Hell is #4 in the world in sales (according to Wiki anyway). I'm indifferent to the album, liked a little of it, but my friends and I weren't really into it. But wow, 44 mill in sales? Someone sure liked it!

He was great in Fight Club. RIP Mr Loaf.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Just heard from a friend.
Divisive artist but I loved BOOH
Sorry to hear this.....talented singer and performer, as well as a good actor.
One role not yet mentioned was him in Steve Martin's under-appreciated Leap of Faith film. Meatloaf played a "carny"-like accomplice to a traveling faith healer show. Not as one dimensional as you might expect.
R.I.P. Meatloaf. :(