RIP Gallagher - Using the Sledge-o-matic in the sky...

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Watermelon authorities shocked at Gallagher's passing. They had finally gathered enough evidence to put him away for life, and STOP THE CARNAGE exacted on their brothers, sisters, and children.

A completely unsubstantiated claim has been made that Mr. Gallagher's last words were, "hand me my hammer!" RIP funny man!

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
I saw Gallagher several times. He was a great comedian.
“They say baldness is in your genes. That’s BS. I have plenty of hair in my jeans” and doffs his cap. The first time I saw that bit I almost peed my pants laughing
RIP

flathd

Poster Extraordinaire
RIP Gallagher. I remember seeing Gallagher and Eddie Money on a talk show back in the day, they didn't seem to get along very good. Did someone mention watermelon?

Slip Kid

Tele-Afflicted
I fortunately got to see him a couple times in the early ‘90’s. The venue he played at was in the round. The venue would call the plastic company I worked for wanting to buy rolls of plastic film to cover the front rows. We would trade them the rolls for free tickets. It was a great time. He was hilarious and the Sledge-O-Matic sent debris everywhere in the round!

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I got to see him also...lol body condoms they were selling at the door aka a garbage bag.
It was great we laughed so hard...he was very clever.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
He performed at the Rapid City Civic Center auditorium some years ago, and Trixie and I attended...front row, just left of center stage. A kind-hearted, and Gallagher-wise fellow attendee seated to our right, seeing that we had obviously come in complete ignorance of a Gallagher act, handed us each a large plastic garbage bag to use for protection against the bombardment of various wet chunks and fluids from the chaos to come. The entire stage was sheeted with protective plastic tarps.

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
Sucks that he and his brother never made up after his brother copied his act too much. It started off with permission as Gallagher Too, doing small venues that couldn't afford the real act. Eventually his brother dropped the 'Too' and started calling himself by his older brothers, the real Gallagher‘s, name. So the real Gallagher sued his little brother and they never made up

bholder

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Sucks that he and his brother never made up after his brother copied his act too much. It started off with permission as Gallagher Too, doing small venues that couldn't afford the real act. Eventually his brother dropped the 'Too' and started calling himself by his older brothers, the real Gallagher‘s, name. So the real Gallagher sued his little brother and they never made up
yeah that was just sad. My brother and I haven't always been on great terms, but at least we're at peace heading into our dotage...

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
"Do you want them tires mounted and balanced?"

Hell no! I like going bam bam bam bam down the road
:lol::lol:

Was it urban legend, or was it really twins performing the same act?... I'm too lazy to fact check myself at the moment.