RIP, Anne Heche

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
they also found fentanyl

Apparently it's a really bad drug.
it is the drug that got Prince and Tom Petty.

I have two nieces who are actors. One of them floats in and out of different accents sometimes when you talk with her. The other clearly struggles with identity issues. Such beautiful and nice girls and that draw to that world.... I think it is not what it seems.

To be so troubled, I hope she can find some rest and peace now.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I read elsewhere that she had been acting erratically in the weeks before this happened. It's odd that she seemed perfectly normal to the wig guy just 2 hours earlier. But yeah, perhaps the cocaine gave her a huge adrenaline rush.

I do wonder if she had a history of speeding or erratic driving.

All in all a very sad situation. Mental health and drug issues are frightening.
Yeah I've lost two friends in the last five years to that combo, both about her age. The two (deficient mental health, substance abuse) certainly can ramp each other up, but it's probably fair to say fame exacerbates both, in both enablers and access to things you shouldn't have. When we saw it on the news I just said to the wife that I hoped she finally had some peace.
they also found fentanyl

Apparently it's a really bad drug.
Yiiiikes, that explains a fair bit. Awful.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I would say it's more of a psychotic episode than cocaine induced mania.
Yeah, I guess we'll never know and it sure doesn't have to be either/or. Having known a few folks who've had both breaks and up-for-three-days-on-speed episodes, they present similarly. Anyway her pupils in that wig shop pic look pretty blown out.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
When I saw the headline, I thought it was Anne Archer. I got my 1990's Harrison Ford female leads confused. In any case, a tragic story on a number of levels.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I would say it's more of a psychotic episode than cocaine induced mania.

It was probably a combination of things. People who are fighting emotional/mental health issues frequently resort to self medicating in order to ease their suffering, but that generally winds up making everything worse.

alexamadrid

TDPRI Member
I gather from news reports that Anne Heche bragged about drinking on a podcast the day before speeding through a residential area high on cocaine, fleeing a hit and run before proceeding on to plow into a residence at high speed causing a firey explosion leaving the occupants, renters, homeless. Forgive me if I have zero tolerance for those possessing such flagrant disregard.