Ringo Being Ringo

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
Who swings better than Ringo? The flow of his beats is so genuinely alive and uplifting. Like Ginger Baker and a few others, he is not slave to mere clockwork. And while I don't pretend to know him at all, it seems to me that he is a real uplifter who combines a gift for constructive contribution with a capacity for giving others room to shine. Perhaps his bandmates never gave him much of a chance to be a mouthpiece, or perhaps he didn't want to be one, but I'm pretty sick of talkers and appreciate Ringo's quips and occasional shows of both foolishness and brilliance. A great musician and a great rocker.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
I love Ringo the man, and of course Ringo the drummer is completely unique and brilliant. But as a singer? Good in the ‘60s and ‘70s, but that’s it. And his original songs are not the best. All his best ones were written partially or mostly by George. But his message of peace and love in those songs is admirable. And it’s obvious that he means it - it’s not some showbiz shtick.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
^^^ He just may be!

Ringo has almost always been a golden retriever among humans: so damn happy to be right here, at this one moment in time, with everyone fortunate enough to be with him in that space.

That is a virtue we can all aspire to.