Ring, Ring...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:34 PM.

1. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

LOL. My obligatory, semi-weekly ABBA post. Check the "burst" guitar and reclaimed snakeskin! Awesome!

Torren61 likes this.
  2. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Afflicted

If I don't know exactly who it is, I don't answer. I also don't answer sometimes when I do know who it is. If it's important, they'll leave a message.

I have no obligation to answer a ringing phone, in fact, I love to hear it ring, because I set "Dark-Eyed Cajun Woman" as my ring tone.

Torren61 and stormsedge like this.
  3. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Meister

Hey, how you doin'? Sorry you can't get through. Why don't you leave your name, and your number, and I'll get back to you.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Not exactly, I injured my knee at work a couple of weeks ago. I had to call the company “Nurse Call” hotline to report it after I spoke with my supervisor. They check in with you until you’re better and the case is closed. When the nurses call, they call from home so they disguise their phone numbers and it comes up on my phone as “possible spam” just like the scam caller’s number did. But I still have to answer it.

Also, I got my congressman’s office involved in my missing USPS package ($1000 guitar effects processor) and they have been calling and it could have been them, too.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

The one legit 59 'burst I ever sat down and played looked a lot like the one in the video (the 'burst, not the "burst!") Almost entirely faded to a lemony yellow, red only in protected areas.

Torren61 and stormsedge like this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Well, it's not for me to tell anybody how to live his life, but I'm just saying NOBODY EVER calls me, and it's great!

Torren61 likes this.
  7. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I only my answer my cell phone when I recognize the number as my wife or one of my friends. I purposely never set a voice mail password, so the system doesn't allow callers to leave messages.

Torren61 and nojazzhere like this.
  8. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Meister

This was hysterical! Thanks for sharing.

Torren61 and nojazzhere like this.
  9. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

This earworm from the one-hit band Cymarron came to mind when I saw the thread title.

rodger and Torren61 like this.
  10. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

He has another one that I can't find right now, but it's from a carpet cleaning service. He says something like, I can't believe you called right now.....can you get blood out of carpet? They respond yes. He says it's a LOT of blood......they say they'll have to look at it to be sure. He says can you come over RIGHT NOW? They say well, they'd have to schedule an appointment. He says it's very urgent, it's in the carpet and up the walls, and he needs it cleaned up NOW!!!!......you get the idea, it, too, is hilarious.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.