Right-angle cable for Tele jack

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

On gigs they fail less because there is less strain on the cable where you run it through the strap, also sitting on sofa, straight will bend and eventually fail

2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

So funny... last week at my school band practice the young kid on guitar slipped off the edge of an office chair onto his butt on the floor... during a song...:lol:
    by some miracle he kept playing through it all and kept playing for a bit longer while on the floor on his back.. as all good rockers should....:cool:

then the guitar started cutting out.... we had to stop and all have a laugh... I quickly saw that my good Neutrik straight switching plug got bent and bit the dust...awwwww.... I swapped another lead in and he was off again...

I tried to straighten the pin later at home but a small kink jammed in the jack and was no good... bugga...thanks kid...

fortunately, I had just bought a few neutrik L plugs, so I soldered one on in place of the straight one...

note to self.... keep the straight plugs for strat type jacks....... an L plug would have survived a drop on the floor using an edge type jack and not bent the pin....:rolleyes:

3. logankolarick

logankolarick Tele-Meister

I use a Mogami right angle cable and it works just fine. George L's, Gear Supply Co, Lava, most anything with Neutrik ends will work.

4. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Love Mogamis. I have both straight and right angle. Probably the best cables I've ever used.

5. tiktok

tiktok Poster Extraordinaire

The Boss ones fit. Good cables too, surprisingly.

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

I asked the same question before. After electrosocket'ing mine, any right angle cable fit!

Electrosocket that baby! It deserves it!

nojazzhere likes this.
  7. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Uh...use a straight one. The angle plug is meant for guitars with the jack on the front.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.