1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ricky Skaggs, Ashley Monroe and Jack White.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Mojohand40, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Mojohand40

Mojohand40 Tele-Afflicted

I've been on a Ricky Skaggs kick for a few weeks now, really, really enjoying his last album "Songs My Dad Loved". It's a cool album, as Ricky did EVERY track himself. (all instruments and vocals) It's a mix of bluegrass and old time music. Check it out.

ANYWAY, while surfing a bit for Ricky Skaggs videos, I came across this video of the Raconteurs featuring Ricky Skaggs. I love it! The original version of "Old Enough" by the Raconteurs was a little weak, IMO, but this remake is GREAT. I will definitely download this single!

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Exellent post Mojohand40. I too love Ricky Skaggs...everything he's involved with seems either good or great. Here's one of my favorites.

3. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

The Soul of Man Never Dies is on the old Skaggs & Rice record, the one that Ricky and Tony did back in 1980 where they do material from the old brother duets of the 1930's. That is a great record, just guitar, mandolin and two voices. Only problem is that it's too short - 10 songs, less than 30 minutes of music.

Ricky Skaggs is one of the best tenor singers ever.

4. Mojohand40

Mojohand40 Tele-Afflicted

Wow! I never heard of this. I have some Tony Rice albums and of course some Skaggs, but I don't have the Skaggs and Rice one.
    I'm getting it! Looks like it's right up my alley.
    thanks for the tip and the video, guys.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.