1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ricky and the Stones

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by getbent, Sep 28, 2010.

1. StephenX

StephenX Banned

Steve Martin and Linda Ronstadt? That is an odd couple.

IMHO this is not only one of Rick's best songs, it's also one of the best songs ever. I sometimes long for those innocent days.

Wait just a minute there..... I'm either losing my mind or they cut James Burton's solo out ! Going back to look again....
    That scared me.
    I let the wrong one in. This is the right one:

2. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

My mom got to met Ricky Nelson in the Mid 70s.

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Let's see...if she met him in 1977, that would make it about 33 years ago and......:eek:

So what's Gunnar and Matthew up to nowdays?;)

Classic guitar solo StephenX. I was reading where Ricky hired James when James was 18 and he lived in the Nelson home for two years. Now that's a close band.

4. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Mom was married to my dad at the time.

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Not really. Both really well read people. Both have strong opinions, both have a strong interest in philosophy and a huge interest in american music history.

Linda has a little girl giggle, but she isn't a dingbat and Steve Martin is a well educated articulate dude.

Linda's true love was lowell george... like lots of men with opportunities, if Linda found you interesting... she explored the range of the relationship....

plus they could play "faithless love" together!

6. elihu

Now, I never knew that. But I figured you as an insider kind of guy GetBent. Lowell George....now he was just amazing. Linda always struck me as having a good ear.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  7. getbent

the way tv could be....

8. getbent

this is pretty crazy and cool. Graham Nash actually looks cool as hell on this.

9. elihu

Graham reminds me of Tony Stark with that facial hair but Bobbie doesn't seem to mind.;) I didn't realize till now that The Hollies were named after Buddy Holly, Graham's musical hero, or that Graham learned to sing high harmony by singing a major third above Phil Everly on Everly Brothers songs.:cool:

I've also read that after the Beatles arrived Rick started moving to country music. I suppose his style of rock was now considered old fashioned by the teenagers. So rightfully Rick Nelson could be considered a pioneer in the California country-rock genre, along with Graham Parsons, Linda Rondstadt, Jackson Browne and the Eagles. And he really did justice to Dylan songs, eh?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.