Rick Tone tube tremodrive box/pedal

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Dennis Perusse, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dennis Perusse

Dennis Perusse Tele-Meister

Hello all,

I'm normally not on this forum but this is the best place to post my question as it relates to stompboxes/tube pedals. I saw on Youtube a post by Uncle Doug as he shows various types of tremolo boxes, one of them being a Rick-tone tremolo/boost box. Feeling inspired wanting one of these things I then look up the Rick tone product line and had acquired both the layout and schematic for this device.
    Has anyone else ever built one of these things? PTP wiring is not my forte here as I have built it once and it doesn't sound right compared to the video. Any help and guidance would be wonderful here as I'm kinda stumped and am halfway tempted on putting all of the components to a turret board and just live with the size of the device. Any thoughts on this? Oh, I'm also gonna put the schematic and layouts onto here just in case any one else wants to try their hand at it too. :)

Thank you all in advance.

Dennis

Attached Files:

2. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

you'll need the power supply transformer they use.

3. Fatknuckle

Fatknuckle Tele-Holic

I built a matchless hotbox clone using the back-to-back 120vac12vac120vac transformer design and voltage doubler circuit from that for power. Two 12v tannins from Radioshack. Ultimately got me to 280 vdc.

4. Dennis Perusse

hello,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, been busy this week. :) Yeah, Uncle Doug in his video used two radio shack power transformers. It's a 12.6 vac (6.3-0-6.3, 1.2 amp) and when I first built this I had thought that I had wrecked one of the transformers so I just bought two more with the hope that if I didn't wreck the PT's then I'd reuse them in another project. What I think that I might do is get either some proper terminal strips or even some turret board and just re do it up and see if that makes a difference at all. Just figure that I'd check with people to see if they have built this device as he has two types of tube box. One is the tremolo/boost box and another is an overdrive tube box. The site is at ricktone.com in case anyone wishes to look at the other schematics that he has. Much appreciated, and I'll keep people posted if and when I rebuild this.

Dennis

5. Dennis Perusse

Hello all,

Sorry for the long wait on this but I finally got it to work. Since the Northeast is getting buried right now I thought that it would be a good time to debug my work. I had one cap that went bad, one resistor that was the wrong value and I wired my input switch wrong. So it works now and my brother now has a clean boost/tremolo pedal for himself. I'd put up a sound file but since I don't know how to play guitar I'll skip the audio. ;-) Now to work on debugging my trotsky overdrive pedal. Got it to work but my battery heats up so something is not quite right in the land of chalk drawings. But then again that is for another post. ;-)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.