Rich Strike Kentucky Derby

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My wife has been replaying that for family and friends!
Just incredible, I'm looking forward to Preakness in 2 weeks

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
Seemed like the commentators didn’t even notice rich strike till he pulled into first place .

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Just watched that race. Very cool!

I've only bet on a race once, and figuring I was not going to win, bet on the long shot. Would have been fun to have done that on Rich Strike!

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I don't know my hind end from horse racing, forgot to turn on the Kentucky Derby, but I saw that last stretch replayed several times this morning, from overhead with pointers overlaid to track the eventual winners. That was an unbelievable ride through the middle.

Edit: I'm guessing this horse won't be such a longshot if he runs the Preakness. 2) Don't start putting big money on longshots, kids; they're called that for a reason.

Last edited:

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Seemed like the commentators didn’t even notice rich strike till he pulled into first place .
We just tuned them out. Everyone at my table, then everyone in the joint saw this athlete coming, especially as he pushed by the horse in the blue and yellow livery. I think the fellows calling the race are there to help out people at the venue who cannot see around some gal's oversized hat.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire

I have listened to this call probably five times and I agree with you. But then I watched the recap and they had an arrow on Rich Strike the entire race. He was never even close to the lead until after the final turn. Even knowing they were getting close to the finish line and KNOWING he won the race I still wasn't sure he was going to catch the leaders.
What a race!

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Ol’ Rich Strike biting everything in reach reminded me of the first horse I looked after, the aptly named ‘Mischief’ - that fella bit me every day.

Great run, the overhead replay was incredible.

Doctor of Teleocity

Check out the overhead view, unbelievable!