1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Rhapsody In Blue - Wonderful Evening

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by slauson slim, Aug 21, 2020.

1. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

The other night my wife and I hosted another couple for dinner. They are both about 20 years younger, involved in the same industry we have an interest in, and are involved in cutting-edge projects and play piano. Good dinner conversation about politics - far differing opinions, music, books and the economy.

The best part was that after dinner they played - sight reading - a four hands version of Rhapsody In Blue on our Yamaha baby grand piano. It was beautiful to hear the Rhapsody played in our living room, seeing their expressions and interaction as they played, and hearing our piano in full roar. There were a few clams, our friends admitted they needed more practice together, but notwithstanding all that it was glorious.

After that we played and sang some Beatles, Creedence and CSN&Y songs and I played bass.

A fine time.

Bill, Toto'sDad, BorderRadio and 2 others like this.
  2. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Rhapsody in Blue is an American classic.

Sounds like a great evening!

BorderRadio likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

On special occasions my daughter in law and granddaughter used to perform Rhapsody in Blue a duet for piano that they worked up. It is one of my fondest memories. They have a music room, and had two baby grand pianos in there. When my Granddaughter got married, my son had the newest one moved to her house and had it setup and tuned. I guess I will never hear them play together again at least not in that setting.

slauson slim likes this.
  4. DaveG_NJ

DaveG_NJ Tele-Meister

That's a great story. Music is the universal language (as long as the musicians keep their mouth's shut). I have a friend who is the opposite of me in terms of politics, but we are aligned on music -- Debussy, Steely Dan and SRV. She played the Arabesque for me once and I was undone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.