Revisiting a closet dwelling Strat myself

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
That other thread with those great closet Strats got me thinking about my own Strats.
This one I put together a few years ago, tested it then hung it up.
One of my dream colors but somehow it looked way too "candy store" at the time: bright white maple neck, bright white plastics and the surf green looked like a wet popsicle.
IMG_20220521_152326518_HDR.jpg

These few years have darkened the neck, the clear coat has yellowed a bit and the plastic covers and knobs have aged a lot.
I can't really remember what the 57/62 pickups sound like.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Well, after a couple of hours of playing with pickup heights and switch positions, I still can't find a single sound that I like.
That's probably why it was put away a few years ago.
Next up, the black Squier Series Strat...

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Yes, I think so.
The body is actually Cypress that was ground up and splattered back out of a drywall texture gun.
I baked it in the oven for a while so it is now solid roasted Cypress.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Today's revisit: Fender Squier Series MIK. Probably 1994.

IMG_20220522_125415235_HDR.jpg

I put Donlis pickups in this one and I really like it. Just a good middle of the road Strat sound.
This was to be my Gilmore tribute. I have The Black Strat book and was going to scale a picture from that to calculate how long the tremolo arm was. After a few measurements and calculations I happened to read in the caption that it is 4.25" long.
Anyway, for a while there it had the 1" white vinyl polka dots on it and made a very passable Buddy Guy tribute.
The fretboard is a 12" radius and takes a little getting used to everytime I pick it up, but that's not a big deal.