Review - latest spec Classic Vibe 50's pine body telecaster.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Corvus, Jan 20, 2020.

1. nick79

nick79 TDPRI Member

I picked up a White Blonde CV tele a few weeks ago, made in Indonesia. Steel saddles and pickguard mounted neck pickup.
    I'm very happy with it, came set up well, all i had to do was lower the action a tad for my liking.
    Pickups sound great, its very lively when played acoustically and the finish is great - I've gone over it with a fine tooth comb and i can't find any blemishes.
    Nice weight too at 7.5ibs.

I was hesitant to order one as no guitar shops near me stock them so i hadn't played one before but i'm glad i did. Got it for £300, which i feel was a good price.

2. gibson11

gibson11 Tele-Meister

I found a used one at my local store, was quite heavy and the maple neck had way to much poly applied. I am sure they vary in quality, was not impressed with the pups either

3. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

Mine is pretty light, haven’t weighed it to know exactly but it feels lighter than my 2019 affinity tele somehow. The neck looks very heavy on the poly but mine doesn’t feel sticky at all, I have MIM’s that are stickier.

Fendereedo likes this.
  4. guitarist232345

guitarist232345 Tele-Meister

That cut of pine is really beautiful. I have a Vintage White CV Esquire and think I will have to get a Tele like this in future (5-10 years) when I have more space and money.

One thing I will say, my CVE was built in Indo and aside from some fret levelling issues (which I have fixed myself) it is flawless construction wise.

CVs are a MASSIVE bang for the buck and really put lines like Epiphone to shame at the moment. Hopefully in future Namms following from this year, Epiphone can make themselves as well respected as Squier.

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Looks great! Thanks.

Fendereedo likes this.
  6. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Not surte why you say this, almost every Epi I have ever bought and/or played have been amazing guitars....the last 8-10 years especially. Comparing high end Epi to the High end CV range (i.e. like for like)

Old duck and Fendereedo like this.
  7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I agree, most Epiphone guitars I've played have been on par, and sometimes better than top end Squiers, and a whole load better than their big brother Gibson's.

Old duck likes this.
  8. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone trying to get a CV 50s Tele, zZounds has a blemished BSB for $304. I bought my CV from them as a blemished model and couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it.

Fendereedo likes this.
  9. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I thought all the new CV’s were poplar?

10. Mr Gunny

Mr Gunny Tele-Meister

New 50’s CV tele is definitely pine, not sure on the rest.

11. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

look at me! LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M SO JEALOUS
    I'M TURNING GREEN!
    GREEN, I TELL YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS ENJOY FOR DECADES TO COME

12. motomike

motomike NEW MEMBER!

A great looker. I got my 2019 CV BSB a few months ago. Fender/Squier has such a winner with these, I have to wonder why they keep changing them. I was in GC last night and picked up a MIM and an American professional. I felt that the CV was better than the MIM in every way. on the Pro it was close and I found the frets on my CV dressed better than the pro. I like the gloss neck on the CV better than the satin on the pro. was looking for a 52 reissue to compare but they didn't have one.

I see some changes on the SweetWater site. narrow tall frets, 8 screw pick guard, can't remember if mine was supposed to have a bone nut, but the new add claims it does. And it is 399. Mine was 349 just a few months ago.

horax likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.