Reverse controls

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by oceanblue, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

It is a great mod,

However not all bodies are routed with a control cavity that will allow the depth of the switch to work. I had to break the router out on a MIM body to make the change. And the leads are not always long enough on the pots to turn the plate around.
    Just so someone doesn't think it is pulling a pair of screws and turning the plate around, it could be that easy... but then it might not be.

NicDo likes this.
  2. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Afflicted

Con: Now your hand will hit the volume control, been there, done that, switched back and learned to control my picking hand and how to do volume swells with the stock positioning.

3. NicDo

NicDo TDPRI Member

I did this to my 08 MiM and love it.
    They should comes this way in my opinion. I usually use a volume pedal, but still like the vol knob closer to me.
    I did it mainly because it can be slow to move the switch out of the bridge position quickly since it's nearly pinned against the vol knob in the standard layout, and I think it looks better. I've never had any issue hitting the controls by mistake on a Tele. Flipping over my CV 50s Tele when I get around to it.

On the MiM it was tight. Probably should have routed out the cavity a little in depth, but I don't have a router.
    Certainly needed longer wiring, and the tight fit meant covering the bottoms and sides of the pots and switch with electrical tape was must to keep it all from shorting out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.