Reverse Baja pickup wiring?

Robkay

Tele-Meister
Just wired a tele plate for standard 4 way Baja pickup wiring but now the chap wants the plate reversing with the switch nearest the bottom of the guitar with the tone control/up down phase switch and the volume in the normal position......can anyone guide me to a circuit for this?

Last edited:

Billy3

Tele-Holic
So you want to reverse control plate correct? From bridge to nut, switch, tone, volume. Regular 4 way ( b/b-n/b-n series/n)with out of phase. It can be done with a push pull. Need more specific details. We will get you there.

Robkay

Tele-Meister
This is what I have at the moment........so need switch nearest bottom of guitar then tone with phase switch and then vol towards neck...if that makes sense.
IMG_20211130_141749.jpg
IMG_20211130_141749.jpg

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

That's the way I do it on my Teles, reversed control plate with the switch to the rear.

I use the standard 4-way diagram but I swap the neck/bridge hot wires and after soldering I rotate the control plate.
That gives me Neck/parallel/Bridge/humbucker in the sequence shown on my Esquire-H with the reverse control plate here ... That way I can slam from clean 'neck' single coil to heavy humbucker drive. If I want quack or twang I just back up one notch from the ends.

img_20190714_105810.jpg