Reverend Buckshot opinions???

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by TwangBilly, Mar 6, 2014.

1. TwangBilly

TwangBilly Tele-Afflicted

Is anyone familiar with the Reverend guitars "Buckshot" model?
    Just looking for opinions and advice.
    A local guy has one for $600, it looks nice in the pics, haven't gone to see it in person, worth looking at? Worth the money? Any problems with these? Thanks!

2. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

I have yet to hear anything but raves for the Reverend brand.

3. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

I don't own a Buckshot but I have owned a Reverend Charger HB for the past 8 years. Reverends are well engineered, wellmade and very versatile instruments whether the original USA made models or the more recent MIK models. My Charger can even get a classic Tele bridge sound out of the bridge humbucker by using the bass roll off control.

Over the last eight years I've bought and traded or sold quite a few guitars but the Rev is one of two that stays.

4. freejamesbrown

freejamesbrown Tele-Meister

I have a Flatroc and it rocks. All their stuff is top notch, esp for the price. and you can call their office and a real dude answers the phone, and he knows what he's talking about and is really nice. I'm satisfied. I think 600 is a good price for that...

5. rtwo

rtwo Tele-Meister

Reverend makes top notch guitars. I have a Slingshot. Fantastic playability and tone. I like the looks too. $600 sounds good to me.

6. TwangBilly

Man you guys are telling me what I was hoping to hear haha.
    It looks mint in the pics, I just don't know how I'd get along with the tail stop bridge. I've come to rely on the Tele bridge for a hand rest. I need to go play it, but I'm short on cash, but it's really bugging me, ugh! Haha

7. TwangBilly

I've been wanting a neck humbucker Tele style guitar, or something close to it for a long time. Especially for some things we do at church. If this Buckshot is a U.S.A. made I'll go look at it. Thanks guys!

8. rtwo

rtwo Tele-Meister

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Buckshots are not USA made. I'm pretty sure that was a model developed after they stopped making guitars in the states.

9. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

MIK

I like that the rear pup is slightly more forward towards the neck pup, a possible little-less strident rear pup tone result.

10. jonnyfez

jonnyfez Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Great guitar. A buddy has one and I've gotten to try it out. Solid and well-made. His has a trem and it's one of the smoothest I've used. Lots of tonal options. Made in Korea.

11. blimpo

blimpo Tele-Meister

I have a Jetstream 360 MIK. It is an outstanding 3 pickup guitar.

The 3 were P90s. I bought a 70s Bill Lawrence mini-humbucker and stuck that in the bridge position, and with the roll-off (contour) knob it can go from a Strat tone to a beefy HB sound in an instant.
    Probably the most versatile guitar I own.
    It has a 2 point Wilkinson vibrato that stays in tune also.
    Probably never sell mine.

12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't care for the neck on mine. A little too chunky for my hands, I guess
    Very nice guitar though

13. Sideways Jaye

Sideways Jaye Tele-Meister

Reverend fanatic here. Don't let the made in Korea throw you. I think their imports are actually more consistent than the US made models - and I love my Slingshot. I have tinkered a lot with my Slingshot to get it just right, but on my four imports the only change I made was putting Graph Tech saddles on the tuneamatic of my Sensei. That's one of the great things about Reverends - no upgrades needed and they come set up perfectly.

14. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I am a new Reverend convert...I have an Eastsider T and am really loving it...right out of the case it's just a player's guitar. I hope to get a tobacco sunburst Charger 290 one day to compliment it. I think their stuff is top notch and the customer service is great. I even got an email response on Super Bowl Sunday!

15. Jeff R

Jeff R Tele-Holic

Club King here, lots of love for the brand in general. MIK but they go over them in the U.S. before they go out to customers. You won't be disappointed.

16. TwangBilly

Hey thanks allot guys for your input, good info. I decided against buying it, never even went and looked at it. I just can't buy another guitar right now, too many irons in the fire and short on cash. Plus after remembering my experience with the two Les Paul's I owned, and thinking about it while playing my Tele, I just don't think I could get along with that stop bad tailpiece at all. I've come to rely on the Tele bridge as a hand rest too much. Neat guitar though even if it is Korean, they may be great players but foreign guitars just don't excite me, unless it's something really nice and special and hand made. They look really cool though, like nothing else out there.

17. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

For those who never saw or heard one ....

and a maple version ...

18. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

Never had the opportunity to play one but they have several models I like the idea of.
    The Stu D. Baker, the Manta Ray 290
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a couple of those basses to
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.