1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Reverb prices

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ndcaster, Jan 31, 2016.

1. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

is it my imagination, but are prices for used equipment laughably high on Reverb? occasionally I see a pedal that might be worth it, but prices for everything else are through the roof

do these prices strike anyone as normal?

2. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

I've managed some pretty good deals there.I think most list high because they know people are always going to send them a lower offer.
    They just wait for the offers to roll in and take whoever offers more,I suppose.
    But yes,most list pretty high for used gear.

3. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Is there a way to filter results by zip code? My days of sending money to people on the other side of the country for a guitar I have never seen in person are over.

4. Mekhem

Mekhem Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Yes and Yes...

The lowball offers are slightly better than CL.

5. jefsut

jefsut Tele-Meister

Yes, it's a different system than eBay, and it takes some getting used to. The "Make an Offer" feature tends to drive prices down a bit from asking price. The "See recent sales" link is pretty useful and lets you compare original asking price vs. sale price.

Still cheaper for sellers than eBay. I'm for anyone who can break eBay's stranglehold on the guitar market.

And I like the feature articles and resources Reverb offers. These are smart folks and I expect them to evolve with even nicer features over time.

6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've had pretty good luck selling some gear on Reverb, only bought one thing and it wasn't really a great deal as the amp wasn't as described.

Prices do seem pretty high for a lot of items but as has been mentioned I think there is more room to negotiate.

I agree that it is good to have an alternative to eBay , that said, I still get the best fastest results most of the time selling on eBay.

7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Thought it was sort of auction Like. That is a suggested price?

8. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I have bought gear there for reasonable prices. But not guitar gear.

9. jgordito

jgordito TDPRI Member

I've sold 2 guitars there and bought one. I feel like I got a fair deal on the guitar I bought considering I wanted something very specific. The buyers on reverb tend to be generally classier than eBay folk

10. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

Yeah,Reverb seems to be pretty much all musicians putting things up for sale.At least in my experience.
    Never really sure on EBay.
    On Reverb I can ask the seller questions about the item and get detailed answers,not always the case on EBay.

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

My wife and I have each purchased guitars on Reverb. Definitely, more musician type sellers and great place to get the good stuff. When you make an offer, they send e-mails out to anyone "watching", so that they can make offers too. The price guide is an awesome 12 month record of similar items sold along with a graph to show trends. A couple sellers that I went through were your typical local Ma & Pop music stores, which made me very confident and we have been very, very happy with the results. I think that some boutique pedal companies exclusively sell through Reverb and actually have special sales/blems listed. As I see more fleaBay sellers with worse and worse history, I'm inclined to go to Reverb if possible, although it is seems to be more catered to the high end stuff for the most part.

12. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I've gotten some good pedal deals there, but yeah, it takes some searching.

13. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

The high prices are from dealers...usually with a brick-and-mortar store and, yeah...their prices are artificially high.
    They get tip top dollar to begin with, are leaving a cushion for offers and, IMO, trying to keep/drive prices up.
    For better or worse, this makes the regular folk (musician sellers) think that's where prices really are.
    As said...sales history is a good way to check what's actually selling for what.

14. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

Love it. I bought a vintage amp for a good price. To bad that, being Canadian, I have to pay ridicoulous money for shipping, cutoms and the weakness of our dollar. All the prices you see, you have to multuplie by two. Snif, snif.

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

I suspect it's partly because word about Reverb is filtering out more to the common man so more and more folks are using it, but one thing I have noticed is a buttload of some formerly scarce guitars showing up there.

Which is cool in a way but then - they just sit there.

Guitars that used to be snapped up fairly quickly when they'd show up.

:eek:

16. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

Yes, the prices are outrageous. There's been quite a few times I've looked at a price and said, "You must be shrooming."

17. hymiepab

hymiepab Tele-Meister

I like Reverb as well....
    Prices are often high but open to offers.
    I've done fine buying and selling.

18. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

I find that most used prices are pretty good besides strymon stuff for the most part. I've gotten plenty of great deals on reverb

19. cyclopean

cyclopean Poster Extraordinaire

Speaking of stuff I'm looking at in reverb, is it me or have hm-2 prices gone through the roof?

20. Caffeine Patrol

Caffeine Patrol Tele-Afflicted

With patience and vigilance, you can find good deals there. When I was still looking for an AV '64 Tele, I just missed one that was listed at $1100 (I found another one at a good price a few months later). You can find good prices on pedals an other things; it's like any kind of second-hand shopping, you have to be there and be ready when the good stuff comes up at a good price.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.