Reverb pedals...

dougbgt6

Tele-Meister
I have an older Hall of Fame 4 nob pedal and a newer mini HOF 1 nob pedal. I like them both, they make the same sounds, BUT! The older pedal is quick and easy to manually change between effects. The HOF, you have to use the toneprint to get between sounds, not quick or easy in a live environment. So it depends if you're a big user of different reverb effects or, you just want to find one you like and stick with it.

Doug

mmannaxx

Tele-Meister
Well, I don't know how many styles of verb you want, but for simple spring reverb sound and a nice tremelo in the same pedal you may want to check out Mr. Black pedals Deluxe Plus or Deluxe Deluxe Plus (the latter has two footswitches which makes each effect independently switchable). The original is fine for using with a '57 Fender Deluxe to give it some slight verb or some splash if you need that. I find the tremelo very nice as well. Now I typically use a Fender Princeton Reverb or have used a Deluxe Reverb in the past or a Vibroluxe, all of which have both effects, so that is what I am used to but when I use the '57 clone, which has neither effect, I make sure the Deluxe Plus is on my pedal board. Works for me. They have some decent videos available for the pedal to give you a sampling of what the pedal does. Quality made in USA pedals at reasonable prices.

brupop

TDPRI Member
I'm looking to pick up either a Hardwire RV-7 (great Lexicon-licensed algorithms and it's stereo) or a Keeley Omni (simple two knob, plate-spring-room types). I think I'd be happy with either, but any thoughts?

jvanhorn

Tele-Meister
I figured with the Zendrive, I'd be looking at a reverb pedal for my 57' (don't need one for the Princeton). There are a number of music shops within easy driving distance of me that carry a wide range of reverb pedals. The question is, which one?

As per usual, I'd like it to be as realistic as possible, though I'm not inclined to spend on a reverb pedal what I just spent on the Zendrive. I'm not gong to import from the US or any other country as it starts to get too expensive.

One that is available locally, reasonably priced and not loaded with twenty knobs and buttons, is the Catlinbread "Topanga Spring Reverb". I only know of it because when I googled "realistic reverb pedals" it consistently came up in a number of shoot outs. Electro-harmonix clearly makes a few, as does Boss, MXR, JHS, Walrus, TC, Strymon (looks too complicated), Mad Professor... Ya, deep rabbit hole. Any suggestions are welcome.
The TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb is a thing of beauty!

mojek

Tele-Meister
There are a lot of fantastic reverb pedals out there. Some are expensive and/or require a learning curve.

I tried a couple of cheap mini pedals and was sickened by the imitation reverb they provided.

Knowing all the love JHS pedals get here, I got a 3 Series Reverb pedal that fit my modest needs (sound & operate like a reverb you’d find built into an amp). Okay, it has 3 knobs and a switch, but it’s entirely intuitive.

I can not agree more. I had RV5, which is sterile and 4 knobs is too much tweaking. Then first line EHX Holy Grail which is noisy and chemical IMO. I have DBA, which is great, but more lofi and experimental. Ended with JHS3 Reverb and it’s perfect. Simple 3 knob operation, no digital spring simulation, but pure reverb. The only digital pedal in my rig.

NiteGoat

TDPRI Member
I have both the EHX Holy Grail Nano and Holy Grail Neo, and they are both on my pedalboard. I use the Nano for its amazing spring reverb, and the Neo for its amazing plate reverb.

mjtrip001

TDPRI Member
I went with a $40 Amazon cheap-o (donner verb square) for my tweed champ, and it's not that bad. It's not much different from the digital verb in my SCXD. I leave it on all the time at a pretty low setting and it does what I need. I don't record or gig though and I wasn't looking to get one that does reverse reverb.
As a follow-up, the longer I have this pedal, the less I like it. It's very "digital" sounding and not natural at all. I'm going to get rid of it and look for something else.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
As a follow-up, the longer I have this pedal, the less I like it. It's very "digital" sounding and not natural at all. I'm going to get rid of it and look for something else.
I had the two digital Mooer pedals and they both suck. Gotta put in the R&D and these cheap pedal companies just copy each other.

The MXR M300 has found a permanent place on my board. So many groovy reverb effects in a super simple to use package. For me, it was worth the extra shekels.

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
The best verb I have come across hands down is the Empress Reverb. Pretty darn expensive at $450, but the sound, especially if you're into ambient reverbs is unmatched imo.

JesterR

Tele-Afflicted
Still Loving my Topanga reverb pedals (got two, one on the board, one for grab and go)
Since I started using reverb pedals for last 5-6 years I went between "Topanga stage" and "Talisman stage". Now I am in the latter one, but think to buy Topanga again in a next year.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
my faves

I got this one super cheap, and it does anything you could ask of a reverb pedal, and does it well

this one is amazing for the boost function

this one is just soooo cool , chess verb sounds and combines an octal sounding preamp

midnight340

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Love theDeluxe Plus pedal from Mr. Black!!
As the site says:
"...Splish-splash with dripping spring reverb and ride the motion of the ocean with smooth bias-modulating tremolo.

Do em one at a time, or two in tandem for the double whammy. Plus."

160EF572-0046-4BAA-8095-522D7DE8C818.png

Lies&Distortion

Tele-Afflicted
I went through the search last summer. Cheaper than Topanga is the one from Subdecay. L&M doesn’t have it so I bought online.

Axe and You Shall Receive

View attachment 949533
I was looking at one of these or a Source Audio True Spring.

I ended up getting the Super String Theory, because I didn't want to deal with software and too many options.

It's ok. Probably would have been happy with a Topanga. Surfy Bear Metal arrives tomorrow!