Reverb pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Loambiker76, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Afflicted

I have it and love it. It gives my Tele and Tweed Deluxes that extra bit of mojo.

TeleBluesMan likes this.
  2. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

I don't have a picture, but I've found TDPRIers
    have strong imaginations so I figure...

My masssive pedal board:

Topanga
    Timmy
    Pedal Power ISO 5
    Korg tuner

Mojotone 5f11 tweed vibrolux
    Gibson Les Paul doublecut, faded (2004)
    IMG_20200820_184939.jpg

emisilly and Telecaster88 like this.
  3. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I'd be willing to bet that Keeley has something that fits the bill. He's got about a million reverb pedals on the market right now.

emisilly likes this.
  4. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

I've been on a 20 year reverb pedal search and finally recently ended up with something I'm happy with, the Fender Tre-Verb. It has three flavors of reverb, including a ridiculously good spring reverb tank emulation. As a bonus there are three flavors of tremolo, and I have found the bias tremolo to be among the best I have ever heard. I seriously like it better than the onboard tremolo in a Princeton reverb. I leave it on all the time now.

I forget what they cost new but I paid $189 overstock, new, including shipping on eBay.

Telecaster88 likes this.
  5. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

emisilly likes this.
  6. Tube Life

Tube Life Tele-Meister

I agree, Fender really knocked it outta the park with that new line of pedals. I have their Marine Layer (not spring reverb) reverb pedal and it does plates and hall very well.

emisilly likes this.
  7. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve had a Mr Springgy for a long time now. It’s simple and enough wetness without drowning anything

emisilly likes this.
  8. mugen74

mugen74 Tele-Holic

Yep. That was my exact experience with that pedal. Exact. I can’t believe the price people pay for them now.

jh

Tube Life likes this.
  9. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Poster Extraordinaire

+1 on that. It was just abrasive. I think it might work if someone is playing 100% squeaky clean, but otherwise it just isn't for me. I also couldn't get anything subtle with it. I personally don't understand the following.

I actually want to try the Topanga, but haven't. I do want to put in a plug for the Earthquaker 'verbs. I just got a Ghost Echo, which sounds amazing in its voicing, even if it's just a Belton Brick and the delay doesn't fully replicate a drip. I also have an Earthquaker Dispatch Master, which has the best modulated plate that my ears have experienced, and you can dial in a little delay to get some of that faux-drip. I ALSO have a Avalanche Run, but that's over the top and really a pedal you kind of have to write songs around and feature as an instrument...

But yeah. I love both my Ghost Echo and Dispatch Master. Again, not perfect spring, but the Ghost Echo very much gets the vibe, and just sounds fantastic to me.

10. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Holic

If I didn't have a Topanga I'd get a Ghost Echo. My first Earthquaker pedal was an Afterneath, and that thing is SUPER cool, it just unfortunately is really hard to find a use for so I sold it. The Dispatch Master is great, if I were a full time gigging guitarist I'd probably get one just to have a simplified smaller board for certain gigs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.