Reverb Pedal Recommandations

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by guitarguy1964, Jul 11, 2019.

1. guitarguy1964

guitarguy1964 TDPRI Member

A little while back I decided I would like to have a Digital Reverb pedal for the amps I have that don't have Reverb as well as my Mesa Mark 5 35 as I'm not crazy about the reverb on that amp.

After thinking about it the practical side of me thought it might be cool to go with the Boss Ms-3 since a digital reverb pedal would cost right around $200.00, give or take and the Boss which does a lot more and could potentially simplify my rig will be around $500.00 (with all the accessories I need to get it going. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on it though. I just keep thinking my rig sounds great and really is only missing some reverb. So I think I'm going back to my original plan.

Because of space restraints I think i want to combine reverb and delay into one pedal. For delay really all I use is a 40-60ms delay with no repeats so nothing fancy there. For Reverb I would like a convincing spring reverb sound. I am a gigging guitarist and this is for my live rig with both clean and dirty sounds.

The more I think about it a reverb only pedal would be fine too

I have read and listened to demos so far the Keeley Caverns V2 and Wampler Ethereal are at the top of my list for delay / Reverb pedals, probably the Boss RV-6 or MXR M300 for reverb only. Any suggestions?

2. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Check out the Mooer Skyverb.

3. Tuneup

Tuneup Tele-Meister

4. Old duck

Old duck Tele-Meister

I got rid of 3 reverb pedals and got a Boss RV-6 ($150) and I think it's great! Also has delay.

nixpix, stnmtthw and RetroTeleRod like this.
  5. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Meister

The Ghost Echo by EQD is not supposed to be a spring reverb clone but it certainly can get in the ballpark. Although it is not a delay pedal, it has a pre-delay knob which, set high, gives a nice slap-back tone in front of the reverb. I like it a lot: very vintage and 3D sounding.

Obviously, from EQD, you've got the Dispatch Master that really combines reverb + delay: versatile and good sounding, although I find it has less character than the Ghost echo.

6. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I'm not big on pedals but the Spring Chicken works good on non reverb amps. Got one used on ebay or reverb. Knob shaft on side controls dwell but you need to supply the knob.

everb.[​IMG]

zippofan likes this.
  7. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

most convincing spring sound is the Boss FRV-1, discontinued and now inching up in price, alas. it really does sound a lot like a tank.

Flint is another expensive solution that sounds great. A lot of the magic in this pedal is on the tremolo side, though.

8. jimd

jimd Friend of Leo's

I've got a Digitech Hardwire RV-7 reverb, which is great. I bought it new and its my favorite. They don't make it anymore, but I would think their new Polara would be very similar since they both use Lexicon reverb.

I recently bought a TC Electronics Hall of Fame. A lot of people like them. It's also very nice, but I like the Digitech a little better. I think it's more natural. The Hall of Fame is a little over the top, but maybe I haven't dialed it in just right.

Fretting out and srvbluezz like this.
  9. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Afflicted

10. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Afflicted

I have a Boss RV-6 - it's a pretty good pedal, but it can get over the top pretty quickly. When playing loudly, I find it sounds a bit more digital than I like (on some settings). You need to keep the level pretty low to balance it out that way. So if you play loud, I would test it out loud before buying - it might not be to your liking. If you play pretty quiet, it's a good pedal that has a ton of variation within it.

I've toyed with the idea of selling mine (and my Supa Trem 2) in favour of a Strymon Flint.

rjtwangs likes this.
  11. Mark the Moose

Mark the Moose Tele-Meister

I use a zoom ms50g for reverbs, we and tuner. Lots of nice delays in there as well.

Hammerhead likes this.
  12. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

I use mosky spring reverb through my Champ .It was cheap and sounds great .Its a clone of something ,cant remember what

zippofan likes this.
  13. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Another vote for Boss RV-6. It has a great spring sound and includes a Delay+ mode. My favorite is the delicious Plate rendition. All around great pedal!

14. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

I'll throw up a second vote for the Hardwire RV-7. Best I've ever owned. You'll only be able to find them used any longer and over the past few years their prices have risen steadily indicating just how popular they've become.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/effects-and-pedals?query=DigiTech+Hardwire+RV-7+Stereo+Reverb

[​IMG]

15. unfamous

unfamous Tele-Meister

I command you to get....a reverb pedal!

srvbluezz likes this.
  16. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Get yourself a Nux Atlantic. Thank me later.

17. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

Or if you got more cash, go for the best - Source Audio True Spring. Again, thank me later.

OttoCorrect likes this.
  18. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

If they're gonna be Belton bricks anyways, then...

Death By Audio Reverberation Machine.

mitchfinck likes this.
  19. twangjeff

twangjeff Tele-Afflicted

I vote for the EQD Dispatch Master.

20. 41144

41144 Tele-Holic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.