1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Reverb Guitar Listing

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Tone Specific, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tone Specific

Tone Specific Tele-Meister Vendor Member

"I went to a Session right after getting my Arlo's installed. My Guitar sounded so good, the Engineer asked "what are you doing different". I told him, I just got a set of Virgil Arlo Pickups. I love the tone of these pickups."

-Pat Buchanan, Legendary Session Guitarist in Nashville w/ 1000's of creditsincluding Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, Hall & Oates, Trace Adkins, Cameo, Cyndi Lauper, Amy Grant

2. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

bender66, Deeve and secretsoundz like this.
  3. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

secretsoundz likes this.
  4. Tone Specific

5. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

6. Tone Specific

We are not affiliated with this Reverb Seller, nor were they dealer of ours or Mr. Arlo.

7. Tone Specific

8. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

yup - the material posted has a remarkably similar tone to the full page ads in Parade Magazine for the "limited distribution" coin sets (random nickles, pennies, dimes and some quarters) with aspirational hype about their suitability as wedding gifts, or collections.
    Stern warnings re: limited purchase options.
    Pass - smiling, but pass.
    :rolleyes:

bloviating_walrus and Danb541 like this.
  9. Tone Specific

10. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

RoscoeElegante and secretsoundz like this.
  11. Tone Specific

Let us apologize for the trolls that show up here to rain on our parade. These forums can be a great place to discuss guitar gear but they are also a place where negativity can thrive & a magnet for injured souls to come vent their internal frustrations.

The intention of this thread was to answer the messages we received about a guitar listing that claimed to have the Virgil Arlo 1952 Tele's installed. There was some concern that the pickups may not be actual Arlo's, once again we advice any potential buyers to request additional photos from the seller.

12. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Cut and pasted replies from another forum 3yrs ago still being used here when asked the same questions just perpetuates skepticism.

*The MLP link seems to have been removed.

secretsoundz and RoscoeElegante like this.
  13. Tone Specific

This is the "Vendor" section of the forum. This is where vendors come to talk bout their products. So this is this the "booth".

The Vendor area is usually free of trolling and the sort of "agenda" posting that violates the TOS.

We are proud supporter of TDPRI & the intention of this thread was to answer the messages we received about a guitar listing that claimed to have the Virgil Arlo 1952 Tele's installed. There was some concern that the pickups may not be actual Arlo's, once again we advice any potential buyers to request additional photos from the seller.

14. Joshiquad

Joshiquad Tele-Meister

...meh...

15. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

To be fair they are a vendor member, so they are allowed to have conversations and posts about the products they sell.

I appreciate the sentiment of letting everyone know that this guitar on reverb may or may not have legit pickups, but the OP should have quit while they were ahead. If someone wants to spend $1500 on pickups more power to them. Personally I'd like to hear a comparison done with the same guitar on the same amp with the pickups swapped, but even if a noticeable difference were made I'd still pass because I can build 3 guitars for that price! But that's just me. I'm no pro craving the best sound that money can buy. To each his own.

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  16. Bedder18

Bedder18 Tele-Meister

Don’t wish to add fuel to this fire (but I will! :D)...if a product is a person’s name, then it stands to reason that person should be reputable. I can’t find a single picture or any reference anywhere to the person “Virgil Arlo”. I’m curious to know his life story. Even most BBQ sauces named after a person are genuinely named after a real person. When someone asks who Virgil Argo is, they get a circular answer about how “people more famous and important than us” don’t ask such questions and neither should we. If I want to proudly rock a product named after a guy who supposedly changed the face of music, I’d like to see the guy’s face. Got a pic?

Steve Holt and johmica like this.
  17. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I have closed this thread to further comments.

This is the Vendor section of the forum and Tone Specific has paid for a Vendor membership.

If you do not believe the info posted here or do not agree with it, then just move on. We do not allow agenda posting on the forum and many of the posts in this thread have been removed for that reason.

This isn't the place for that, and as with anything, it comes down to "buyer beware".

Tone Specific and Steve Holt like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.