Reverb died on my 68 custom PRRI

Jack Clayton

Tele-Holic
So today my Princeton reverb became just a Princeton. Pretty sure my two year old got into my music room and messed with some stuff. He definitely unplugged it. Plugged it back in and the reverb won't turn on at all. The vibrato side of the footswitch still works fine, and I swapped out the tube. No change. I'm wondering what else I could try before I throw my hands up and take into the shop.

Any thoughts?

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Sometimes the wire(s) from the reverb transducer (in the reverb tank bag) come unsoldered.
That can happen if the amp gets banged or dropped.
You might take a look.

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
aren't there a couple of connectors that go from the reverb tank to the chassis? are they tight?

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Probably a stupid comment and you've probably done it...tried with foot-switch disconnected?
My foot switch for my 65 PRRI failed for the tremolo.

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
Occam's razor -- are you sure you've plugged them in correctly? If they're reversed, the reverb won't work.

An ohmmeter can let you know if your cables are ok.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
So today my Princeton reverb became just a Princeton. Pretty sure my two year old got into my music room and messed with some stuff. He definitely unplugged it. Plugged it back in and the reverb won't turn on at all. The vibrato side of the footswitch still works fine, and I swapped out the tube. No change. I'm wondering what else I could try before I throw my hands up and take into the shop.

Any thoughts?
As others have said, try fiddling with all the connections with the amp on and low. If nothing there, try rapping on the reverb tank to see if that does anything. Try wiggling all of the tubes with power off and retest. Let us know what you find out.