Reverb.com return/refund (shipping costs)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Switchy, Jan 5, 2020.

1. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Living in the US, if I want to ship internationally, which I may do for pedals, but not so much for delicate items like guitars... I'm not about to specify to Reverb every country I'll ship to. So, I usually just select "Everywhere Else", for $0. Then, in the listing I clearly state that while intl buyers are welcome, they must contact me BEFORE purchasing, and I'll quote actual shipping based on their location. And also that I reserve the right not to ship to certain (unspecified) locations... It's good all around. I'm not trying to make money on the shipping, but I don't want to get bit, either. Same with the buyer. I've declined to ship to one place where I know the item, coming from the US, is more likely than not to get held up in customs for a month or so. The only drawback is if the buyer is asking for a shipping quote, and someone within the US comes along and buys it outright. Them's the breaks...

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

It cost me $50 bucks to sell a vintage hand held arcade game last week. Ive had it for 40 years working fine, sell it on ebay and ship it interstate and the buyer says its not working, sends back and I refunded shipping and purchase price leaving me minus the $50 bucks. I should have given it to a kid on the street for free and i'd be $50 bucks better off.:rolleyes:.

teletail and boredguy6060 like this.
  3. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

My question is why on earth would you go to all the trouble of selling a $20 used pedal on Reverb with their fees instead of just selling it on CL? It makes no sense to me.

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, since the fees are percentage based, one could use the same argument for any item, at any price.

5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

No you dont have to refund shipping. . Which is why it's good to list items with a shipping charge. Those guys that try something and decide it's not for them should pay for the privledge. On bigger stuff my policies state that the buyer pays for original shipping and return shipping. Unless it's "not as advertised". Not sure I can still get away with that anymore though.

6. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Because I would happily pay their fees in order to avoid the psychos lurking on Craigslist.

moosie and schmee like this.
  7. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Yes, I agree. This is a good rule. Also I have to remember to stipulate a limit on returns for items under a certain amount.
    I am not Amazon.com.

schmee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.