1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Resurrection Day (amp content)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by JL_LI, Apr 21, 2021.

1. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I’m having major refurbishment and remodeling done at home and my music room is currently uninhabitable. A man still has to play. I convinced my wife I need a desktop amp to play outside and checked the web for my local GC. A THR 10 II was listed as in stock. So I loaded up my unused SuperChamp XD to see if I could get $100 on a trade. I was told at the store that “In stock” means that GC has one in the warehouse. Poop.

I drove back home and brought the XD down the basement and it didn’t sound half bad. I pulled the speaker and put in a Weber something or other with a huge magnet and it sounded better. But it weighs nearly as much as my Mesa Boogie. Not exactly desk top but portable enough to carry between the basement and porch. I plugged in outside and it actually sounds good. I use one model for finger style and another with a pick, and low and behold I like the delay effect. I checked with my next door neighbor with two young kids and she barely hears it. Consider this amp resurrected after sitting unused in my basement for 6 or 8 years. And consider me schooled. No more amp snobbery. An amp sounds good or it doesn’t. And when I can take my Boogie out again I’ll be looking for a delay.

ce24 and Ronzo like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.