Restored the old Princeton Reverb

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My old '71 PR was modded and hacked when I got it as a bargain maybe 10 years ago. As such I used it as a test bed and experimentation amp for years. At one point it was a single channel Super Reverb 6L6 type in a deeper/taller cabinet. It's last version was with a slightly larger PT and Deluxe OT and it was very quiet and superb sounding.

I decided recently to restore it to the PR configuration in anticipation of selling some day as I'm getting too old! So back into the PR cab and with the PR tranny's.

Finished it up yesterday and I have to say, the thing sounds luscious! It still has a 12" speaker as the cab was modded for that, but that will have to stay as is. Anyway, it's nice when a plan comes together.

Mowgli

Tele-Meister
Many assert that Princetons sound better with 12” speakers. I think they sound good with 10”, 12” & 15” speakers! The 15” is in a different cab, of course; but I once played through a Princeton clone that had a custom combo cabinet with a Weber 15” Chicago speaker… WOW! That amp was spectacular.

Can’t wait for the pics and sound samples!!!

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
Within its design parameters, the Princeton Reverb is lovely. It falls down when you need just a bit more volume and it gets a bit raspy and flubby. Until then, it is a wonderful little amplifier.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
OK, to comply with "pics or it didn't happen" forum rules :lol: here are a couple pics of the inside. It was a mess when I got it so don't expect much! Need to take some outside pics.. The original cab is quite nice shape, but looks like any other really... I've had it in a slightly taller deeper custom cab for years until now.
004.JPG
005.JPG
003.JPG