1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Response is V-E-R-Y slow today (merged)

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by rdwhitti, Dec 14, 2018.

1. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

I do not have an issue here - if you do I hope that you find resolution .

2. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Please exclude me from the "all" that will be gone..Think I'll just stick around a while..
    Sure, there's a problem, but It will be fixed..

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  3. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

20180118_210650.jpg

tery likes this.
  4. Boil

Boil Tele-Holic

Maybe give them a break, keeping a site going is a thankless task at best. Very time consuming, the pay is bad, you can not please everyone.

Personally I am just happy its there at all, so thank you tdpri person or persons I appreciate it.

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It's not a thankless task. It's a business. We're not so much beneficiaries of it, as the reason it exists. If we don't come, there is no business. If the site doesn't work, eventually we won't come here.

I've got to hope the new owners are not trying to run their investment into the ground, but just perhaps they're focusing more on revenue generation, etc - other aspects of the biz - and taking us for granted. We aren't 'a given'. We're here because the site is solidly functional.

So, please, for your own sake, fix the site.

6. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's Vendor Member

I'm pretty much with Papa Joe on this. TDPRI is too important a part of my life to cut and run right away. But it would be nice to see some kind of sticky post or some such from the webmaster or whatever you call the steward of the technical goings on, explaining what/why the problems and perhaps estimating a get-well date to reassure those who are freaking out over the aforementioned issues.
    It seems a few of our members have posted that they're having no problems - it'd be good to know what OS and browsers they are using, and if they can see the history of their threads under their profiles. I see my posts but no threads listed. I sometimes get good speed and sometimes very, very degraded speeds. My internet speed itself is 179 Mbps, so that's not it, and I am using Edge, Windows 10 version 1809, and fairly basic HP laptops.
    Looking forward to TDPRI getting back to normal - it's too important a resource to lose, and I really ought to become a paying customer, as much as I love it, and will, if everything gets fixed and back in order.

Cheers,
    Rex

7. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

By “we”, he means him, but probably not really.

8. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Take it up with Robert Dogbey.

RLee77 and moosie like this.
  9. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Should be easy now that they know what they have to do.

10. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

It's not related to users in any way. Not your computing device, not your local network. The "internet" is not "bogged down". It's a server / site issue, plain and simple. Whether they have several servers and they keep dying intermittently, reducing us to one, or whatever. It's something like that. The missing history is either improperly synced storage, or more likely, a recent restore from an ancient backup - meaning all the current backups were probably corrupt, so they had to accept losing history. Or, they have no valid backup, and that data was just lost. Somewhat guessing here, but I've some experience with this... That it should get to anywhere near this level of problem is disturbing. Seems like they don't know how to operate the system they bought. And now, in addition to the Chinese spammers, we're getting long-winded phishing scam letters via PM from "Robert Dogbey".

po-boy likes this.
  11. po-boy

po-boy Tele-Holic

just signed back on and it was slow again -

just noticed that nearly all of the new posts are an Asian spammer and nearly all of the new threads are ebay autoposts -

i am not tech savvy by any stretch of the imagination, but things just aren't working well here -

tdpri was a far better place before spammers and autoposts -

12. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

I noticed it was running faster and smoother so I thought I'd try posting a normal sized pic from my phone

Success !!!

13. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I’m using hyperbole - trying to get some attention to the issue which is real. By “we’ll all be gone” I mean this site may become unusable if it degenerates. It’s not on a good trajectory.

14. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I was. But I think this site may become unusable if mngt doesn’t address a real corruption issue. Wasn’t speaking for anyone else.

15. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

For my daily post that works I thought i'd just drop in to let everyone know I have grown a nice beard and started a new family since the site last worked properly. Maybe by the time the kids reach high school if things are fixed by then they can come here to learn Chinese and take advantage of the free University tuition constantly on offer.:twisted::)

moosie and po-boy like this.
  16. Colors

Colors Tele-Holic

I fixed it. Tight bond and clamps. Should hold forever.

moosie likes this.
  17. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Anyone else having these issues? I don't have problems with any other website I regularly visit. Not sure what the issue is, but wish they'd get it resolved. Think I'll take a break from the site and check back in a few weeks or so.

Happy holidays everyone.

18. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

You talking about this site.?
    Yea, they have been having some issues recently.
    Fast then slow...It appears they are working on them
    imho

19. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

You must be imagining things.....several people have declared everything normal again, giving the "ALL CLEAR" announcement. (JINX!)

20. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

He seemed to get on okay to post this thread

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.