Resonators!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
1667863724763.png

My buddy Karl's Duolian, from 1930. The term 'other-worldly' applies......:cool:

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Interesting non-modding aside, about the Duolian above. My friend has been looking for replica tuners for this guitar, for years. He flatly refuses to drill any new holes, in the headstock and as a result, keeping the thing in tune, is a minute-by-minute chore. He's not usually an originality geek- but refuses to bend, in this instance. :)

Any Reso modders, reading this thread?

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
It's a sister site to Michael Messer's forum isn't it. Input from Mark Makin too.
Both are gents who know their stuff, and Messer is certainly someone with firm opinions. He sells pretty good guitars under his name with rigorous quality control and solid customer support. I'm not knocking him but I do find him a little coy on how the guitars he sells under his name vary from other Chinese resonators with very similar specs. I had one of his Lightning models and now have a Royall imported by Rotosound and set up by James Home of Tone which is indistinguishable in quality and shares many features with my Lightning.
But I'm going to stress that Messer is a totally dependable chap to buy from and certainly knows his stuff on resonators. 20220615_100648.jpg 20171115_112726.jpg

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Catfish Keith wasn't the only player to play the guitar after Booker White gave it to Keith Perry.

I wonder what happened to it after it was sold in 2019?