Resonators!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
A few years back I passed on the chance to get a 50s Fender Champion at a pocket money price. Pickup was non-original, but still. Oh well.
So whatcha got?
In hindsight, this looks like a mistake. :D:lol:
Here's my buddy's rig, from a recent gig.....
processed-b96e9cc7-0bcf-4225-99c0-6315dafedbdb_40FH6Co1.jpeg

I turned down the chance to buy the '64 Concert, years ago. Every time it arrives at a show, I'm reminded of my mistake....:)

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Here's something different. I'm a big fan of Tom Collins' playing and he's just got a new toy.

Wildeman

Tele-Afflicted
Here's something different. I'm a big fan of Tom Collins' playing and he's just got a new toy.

Dang man, how cool is that? Thanx for sharing it.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Mule reso for sale in UK. I've no connection with it, but I bought my Mule through James and he's a good chap to do business with.

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Holic
Mule reso for sale in UK. I've no connection with it, but I bought my Mule through James and he's a good chap to do business with.

Really nice.

Out of my price range, sadly! Was quite excited there for a minute!

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
Asking price is just a ballpark figure, isn't it? ;):)
I'm really glad I bought mine in 2018. Current list price, plus import costs and the exchange rate collapse would put it out of my reach. Same with new National Resophonics.

And the range of available options has shrunk too. Ah, the good old days of 4 years ago....

T-Bone

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Anyone playing, lap style.....either round or square neck? A sonic blast! :cool:
I have a square neck for strictly lap style, but when I busk I take out the round neck because I can flip it onto my lap, or play it like a regular slide guitar. When playing the round neck on my lap I use a lightweight finger slide.
Square neck on the left.
77F0EF6C-2855-4ABF-83AE-06E87A473973.jpeg

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm really glad I bought mine in 2018. Current list price, plus import costs and the exchange rate collapse would put it out of my reach. Same with new National Resophonics.

And the range of available options has shrunk too. Ah, the good old days of 4 years ago....
I think a new basic steel National was costing around £1800, when this thread was started, in 2010. Similar models fetch around £3300 now, if you can find any in stock.
I've always been happy, playing and gigging with relatively cheap instruments and my used National was a major purchase, at the time. I think of it as a lifetime investment, which will never lose value. Your tone deaf grand kids can have a nice holiday on the proceeds, in 2050.