Resonators!

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Don't think this has been done for a while.......... biscuit or spider, wood, brass or steel, any make or model.

here's mine........ an '04 Nashville Hound Dog and an '03 National VS Delphi Deluxe.

Attachments

• DSCF0039.jpg
    DSCF0039.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCF0278.jpg
    DSCF0278.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 593
  • DSCF0279.jpg
    DSCF0279.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 531

Burlington Dave

Friend of Leo's
Setting the Neck

I have a cheapy Jay Turser electric resonator that I replaced the neck on, but there's still a HUGE gap at the lower frets compared to the 1st postion frets. How do I go about setting the action to be consistent and closer - but obviously a bit higher - to a standard electric setup??

twintwelve

Tele-Afflicted
@stevieboy-Man, I love both of those-I have immense Tri-cone lust! What's the story on the El Trovador? Is that pickup setup stock from National, or ????.

stevieboy

Poster Extraordinaire
@stevieboy-Man, I love both of those-I have immense Tri-cone lust! What's the story on the El Trovador? Is that pickup setup stock from National, or ????.

The pickup setup is a National product called a hot plate. I think my El Trovador was at NAMM a year ago, then went to the dealer I bought it from. The hot plate was already installed, and didn't seem to cost any more than the El T's are without it, I lucked out. They are 400 bucks and fit most single cone Nationals and many others too with no modification to the guitar needed. Lollar tele pickup, electronics are all self contained. http://store.nationalguitars.com/hot-plate.aspx

Both those guitars are single cone, btw, biscuit bridge. The pattern on the sound holes on the reso rocket does make it look like the tricones. It's loud!

stevieboy

Poster Extraordinaire
National demo video by Mike Dowling

Warning--way more talkin' than playin', which is too bad because he's a great player!

devnulljp

Tele-Meister
This is my round neck Beard Gold Tone spider bridge, which I snagged for next to nothing due to a large ugly ding in the body (which I glued and covered in Gaffa tape ... call it a relic: )

2010-08-28_12-43-14.jpg

2010-08-28_12-43-26.jpg

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'm a Takamine nut, so I bought this:

DB180.jpg

I think Takamine made just a few of these, I think in the mid-'80s. I'm just starting to learn to play it. Having fun, but I wouldn't do it to an audience yet.