1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Reranch Sand and Sealer - haze after sanding?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Meowy, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Meowy

Meowy Tele-Meister

I applied Reranch Sand and Sealer to an ash body two days ago. I put on ~3 coats and used about 2/3 - 3/4 of the can

I began sanding with #220 today and there are spots where there is a haze that looks much like the powdered dust that is removed while sanding the S&S. It is more on the edges of the body and most noticeably near the upper and lower bouts (i.e. either side of the neck pocket and around the horn), not so much on the front and back.

Have I sanded through, not sanded evenly or am I ok and this should polish out when I move on to #320??

I do not want to go any further without hopefully getting some advice.

I was planning on a BSB finish sandwiched between a clear undercoat and top coat, but if I cannot get rid of this haze I may use an opaque vintage white instead

2. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

Do you have any pics?

3. Meowy

Meowy Tele-Meister

I can't get it to show up well in a pic

4. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

I am just guessing at an answer for you but I would shoot the rest of that can of sanding sealer on it , that should tell you if you sanded through or not. If its foggy from the original coat of sealer you could strip it back down fairly easy , if its sand through you'll know as soon as you hit it again with the s.s.
    Good luck.

5. jwc5

jwc5 Tele-Meister

Was it humid or cool when you sprayed?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.