1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Reputable Neck Sellers?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by give me the toan, Mar 3, 2021.

1. give me the toan

give me the toan TDPRI Member

I'm planning to build a guitar, and while I feel confident enough to make my own body, I'm in no mood to try a neck yet. Thus I was wondering where I can buy quality guitar necks, finished or unfinished. I certainly know of Warmoth but considering their prices, I'm hoping to find alternatives.

2. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Best Guitar Parts in Tacoma.

3. Suproman

Suproman Tele-Holic

Well, there's USA Custom Guitars, Musikraft, Allparts, Mighty Mite. The first two are in the same price range as Warmoth, Allparts are less expensive but there are less options, same with Mighty Mite. You could also find a genuine Fender neck from Stratosphere.

4. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

Couldn't have said it better.

micpoc likes this.
  5. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

came in to say the same

micpoc likes this.
  6. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

I've used 2 Allparts necks, both Tele and Strat, and have had great luck with em. I play the snot out of both, and have done so for 2 years since I built em.

bluesguy62, kLyon and Wobbles like this.
  7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I only have two Warmoths, and couldn't be happier. My specifications preferences are a little unusual, and not everyone offers those. My two are unfinished, one maple and the other mahogany, conversion, Fatback, and 1 11/16" wide at nut. Each was about $200, and for a neck I intend to play for the rest of my life, is not a big investment.

8. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

I've had Strat and Tele necks from Allparts. I was very happy with both.

bluesguy62 and Wobbles like this.
  9. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

I was cruising around looking for a Squier CV maple neck and came across one for $159--Stratosphere seems legit compared to some of the obvious restickered fugazis I found elsewhere on eBay. Is that your experience?

YYZman likes this.
  10. Suproman

Suproman Tele-Holic

As far as I know they sell genuine Fender parts, but I've never purchased anything from them myself so I comment beyond that.

11. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

My favorite tele necks that I bought back in the early 2000's was a Warmoth '59 and a Fender Player's Tele neck from ebay: I liked them both equally, but the Fender neck's fret ends were done really well and I loved the way it played. IMO, the guitar is simply all about the neck, so cost has never been a big factor to me. An American Fender is the best neck out there IMO, but I do not like the finish that they put on them - I would refinish one that I was gong to keep.

That said - I like all of the necks I have made myself way better than any I have bought.

12. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Tele-Afflicted

Warmoth, Fender sells direct.

Best Guitar Parts a.k.a Sound Guitar Works sells retail and also OEMs necks for some very nice boutique builders. As in you can but a $4,000 custom ‘handmade’ guitar that actually starts as a CNC neck from Sound.

micpoc likes this.
  13. old wrench

old wrench Friend of Leo's

All Parts - consistent quality, good prices.

Wobbles likes this.
  14. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Agreed

zeke54 likes this.
  15. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Holic

Freestone guitars built me a neck, and it came in under what warmoth would have charged. He also gave options that warmoth doesn’t offer- custom headstock profiles, wood options, fret leveling, etc.

It came in gorgeous, but I have not finished the body for the project yet so i haven’t played it. Pretty sure they only offer unfinished.

jsiddall likes this.
  16. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

There are some bargain good necks on Ebay. Often through someone like the Stratosphere etc. I bought a WD Music neck for $139 through them that just happened to have some specs I was looking for: Chunky, med jump frets, rosewood, 10" radius... It is superb. I never would have usually bought a WD or Mighty Mite neck in the past, but took a chance on this one and it is great.

I've bought multiple Warmoth, Musikraft, USACG, Allparts in the past.
    The best bargain and most complete to me are the Fender replacement necks at $200-225 finished and ready.

Maguchi likes this.
  17. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

Necks aren't quite as daunting as you might think. I buy my fretboards from LMII with the fret slots cut to my specs and the board radiused as well. That's a big time and money saver. Investing in the tools to cut fret slots can be a lot. And they charge $7 for the trouble. You never know until you try! I could walk you through my process if you're interested. I don't have the fanciest tools in the world!

18. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

Musikraft is really good IME. They have way more options than the other big names, especially for profiles. Spec out a neck on their website and see what ya think, and maybe send them an email to find out their lead time.

bumnote, zeke54 and SRHmusic like this.
  19. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

Warmoth's unfinished necks can be very reasonably priced - but don't forget you will have to finish and buy and install tuners, etc. Seems to me the best way to get a reliable quality neck at a low price is to buy a Fender or Squier neck from someone like Stratosphere.

20. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Poster Extraordinaire

Warmoth's prices are what they are because of the quality of the neck (and the fact that they are domestically made). I've used a couple of Mighty Mite necks - they needed far more work than the Warmoth ones.

Maguchi and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.