1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Replacing a Bad Stone

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by TeleGS, May 17, 2011.

1. TeleGS

TeleGS TDPRI Member

I lost my Bad Stone Phase Shifter, and one of the features I really liked about it is that during phase cycling if at any point I dialed the rate of the phase shift all the way down it would stop cycling at that point and stay at that position out of phase. This was a really cool "feature" that allowed me to get all kinds of Out-Of-Plase sounds and then lock in a sound that I really liked.

I don't think Bad Stones are around any longer. Do any of you know of a phaser that will allow me to do this?

Thanks.

2. Northerntele

Northerntele Tele-Holic

The phaser in the Peavey VTX Classic lets you do it with a push pull knob, but I don't know how you'd get that into a pedal...

3. TeleGS

TeleGS TDPRI Member

I may have to build one.

4. itsa68

itsa68 Tele-Meister

Check Guitar Center's used database. I've seen them go through every so often. Also, you might try a Small Stone, and if it doesn't get that out of phase stopping thing, see if you can have someone mod it. The circuits should be pretty close.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.