1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Replacement saddles for AmPro

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Grateful Ape, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

Fed up with strings slipping. Does anyone make a saddle that is a) compensated and b) has channels in it to prevent strings wandering, that fit an AmPro?

Merci

2. jackal

jackal Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

If it's a 3 saddle bridge, most any one will fit. Rutters is a great option. Pics would help. Lotsa choices out there.

3. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

4. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

5. Grateful Ape

Grateful Ape Tele-Holic

6. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

I went with the larger as my saddles didn't need to go that low. I stayed with brass as to retain similar tonality to the stock brass, but if you want to slightly brighten things up you could try the steel.

Grateful Ape likes this.
  7. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

one of these, applied lightly towards the headstock side, just past and slightly over the crown of your existing saddles will put just enough of a crease to hold the strings in place...smooth out with steel wool.

Saw-Files-1-800.jpg

Hibernian likes this.
  8. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Tele-Afflicted

Those Philadelphia Luthier saddles are very nice! It's cool that they are available in two different offsets (1/4" & 5/16") and it addresses the issue of some "compensated" saddles often "overcompensating" by throwing off intonation in the opposite direction of what we're trying to correct! I believe they are the first vendors to tackle this issue! It would nice if they also offered 3/16" , 1/8 " and straight, with those nicely machined grooves! With the string set I use, along with my preferred setups, the B & High E strings often barely need any compensation, if any!
    Just My $.02 & Likely Worth Even Less?
    Gene

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.