Replacement pickups for the '72 Tele Thinline

Clifton C

Tele-Afflicted
Any ideas on replacement pickups for the '72 Telecaster Thinline? I was wondering if anyone has replaced the WRHB pickups with FilterTrons, or even Gibson mini-humbuckers.

The String King

Tele-Afflicted
The Creamery pick-ups in Manchester, UK do some fantastic WRHB's. I have one in mine coupled with one of his P90's. Great pickups.

2 x P90's would be awesome though, and soap bars fit straight in the pick-up route.

xtrajerry

Doctor of Teleocity
User TELENATOR over here does a version.. Lollar Regals has been the go to replacement along with the Creamery version. Fender has revoiced them in mid 2012, don't know if you can get the new ones as replacements.

JohnK24

Friend of Leo's
User TELENATOR over here does a version.. Lollar Regals has been the go to replacement along with the Creamery version. Fender has revoiced them in mid 2012, don't know if you can get the new ones as replacements.

I believe the "revoicing" happened a few years back. Anyhow, there is a set on eBay from a 2012 FSR deluxe , buy it now for 130. Swapping pots to 500k units should also brighten up the stock pups.

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
We do 3 levels of modification to WRHBs starting at $85 each for our MOD1.

You send us your pickup and we modify it with alnico rod magnets to make it sound bright, chimey, and full of complex harmonics.

The best part is, you don't have to change anything else. Just drop the modified pickup in and start playing. MOD1 sounds best with the 250k pots that are already in your guitar.

The MOD1 sound clips on our website were done with a Tele Thinline re-issue.

Fender actually made a great pickup for the re-issue Teles. They just used the wrong magnets.