Replacement Neck on Order

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Rich724, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Rich724

Rich724 Tele-Meister

I was wondering if anyone has ordered a neck from WD Music. What additional work was required other than drilling the holes, installing a nut and tuners. I couldn't resist ordered a tele neck with an ebony fret board and a 12" radius from them and was wondering.

2. The vandal

The vandal Tele-Meister

I have never ordered from WD, but I assume that it would need a fret level, crown, and dress. Really most new guitars need this done on them. I did it for both of my Allparts necks. There is a great step by step guide that is a sticky in the tele technical forum.

3. Rich724

Rich724 Tele-Meister

Thanks for the feedback.

4. FallsRockShop

FallsRockShop Tele-Holic Vendor Member

Their ebony necks are really nice. We've sold a few and used one on a build.

As mentioned above, any aftermarket neck deserves a good level, crown, and polish. After that I would treat the fretboard with whatever product you prefer and then install the nut, tuners, drill the neck holes, and you're ready to install.

They sell a great product, especially their modern necks with the dual action truss rods.

5. Rich724

Rich724 Tele-Meister

Just came in the mail. Can't wait to get it installed and play it. I also have a 72 MIM Tele Reissue with a maple neck and 12" radius. Thats the guitar I want this partscaster to play like. Thanks all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.