Renuwell Wood Regenerator - outside Europe?

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by effzee, May 6, 2021.

1. effzee

effzee Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Renuwell-Moebel-Regenerator-1617002992783.jpg Have any of you ever seen or used this fantastic Swiss product? We use it on all wood surfaces in the house. It's a standard part of a household over here, afaik. I love it. But I noticed the website doesn't even have an English language option. It's hard to believe that this wonderful stuff isn't available anywhere outside the EU

http://renuwell.com/de/moebel-regenerator/

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Telekarster likes this.
  2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Telekarster and effzee like this.
  3. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

Nope! Never heard of it, but what's it suppose to do for wood i.e. how do you use it and why? I'm always interested in woodcare products because I refurb/restore antique furniture from time to time so interested to know and thanks!

effzee likes this.
  4. effzee

Telekarster likes this.
  5. effzee

It's a wood rejuvenation product. It's very thin, like water, smells a bit "chemical-y", but the odor dissipates pretty quickly.

You just wipe it over the wood, any wood, any finish, and it restores the original color and gives it a nice luster. It even somehow covers (light) scratches and removes things like water stains.

You need very, very little of it. I use a handi-wipe type cloth, just a little squirt can cover a large area.

I'm thinking of maybe just sending a small bottle to someone in the US just to get some feedback.

6. Telekarster

Thanks, sounds interesting. Let me ask you - Do you work for the company or otherwise have some sort of relationship with them? Also, I'm wondering if it might contain something in the ingredients that may be restricted or banned in the USA... maybe that's why it's not over here...

effzee likes this.
  7. effzee

Well, no, probably just the opposite if it's certified for the EU. I think they just don't have the capacity for the volume that the US market would demand (?).

getbent likes this.
  8. effzee

What? No. I'm just some American dude that lives in Germany by chance and bought a house here a few years ago. We have a lot of wood stuff and a neighbor told me about this product and I bought it and love it. Then I started to realize that pretty much every house has a bottle of it in the pantry.

I bought a new bottle which got delivered today and then I was just poking around on the internet and saw, like I said, that the website doesn't even have an english language option. That seemed very strange to me.

Btw the EU has very strict regulations on chemicals, moreso than the US.

Telekarster likes this.
  9. Telekarster

Far out! I'd love to visit there someday. Yeah, I'd like to try that stuff. I looked on the net too and couldn't find a thing in the states, but I suppose that's not saying much. Wonder if you could contact the company since you're over there and ask em what the dealio is?

effzee likes this.
  10. effzee

I could send you a little bottle if you want. I'd be genuinely interested in your feedback. I'd just pour some into a small bottle and send it off, it's not complicated.

That's a good idea asking them why they don't export to the US. I'll write them an email.

11. getbent

I am going to get my cousin to bring some back and we'll put it to the test!

12. effzee

Id be genuinely interested in your opinion on the stuff. I used it on our two acoustic guitars and they look great.

Cousin from where? I think it's pretty difficult for non US citizens to travel into the states at the moment

13. getbent

Netherlands & Holland. They have been coming back and forth (4 trips) over the past year.... Mexico is the gateway...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.