ReNewb'd

Coleman4130

NEW MEMBER!
Hi All,
In my youth I attempted punk, hard rock and grunge guitar. In college I got into servicing / refurbishing electric guitars and tube amps (I still maintain my vintage tube hi-fi systems). In the early 90's I was a roadie / driver for my best friends rock band.

After 20 years not playing much and now some wonderful tinnitus, I am back but this time with a Road worn 50's Tele and a Victoria 5112.

This time around I plan to keep it simple, concentrate on technique, good natural tone and actually learning to play this guitar.

I am also into any and all DIY, MODs, etc. so nothing is ever too simple! But I am trying...

I am happy to find this forum!

Thank you,
John
Taos, NM

Last edited:

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Hello John, welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining sounds like you'll fit right in with the group.

Pictures when you get a chance, would be nice.

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Welcome man!!! You've come to the right place! We love pics around here so... when you get a chance ;)

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Hi All,
In my youth I attempted punk, hard rock and grunge guitar. In college I got into servicing / refurbishing electric guitars and tube amps (I still maintain my vintage tube hi-fi systems). In the early 90's I was a roadie / driver for my best friends rock band.

After 20 years not playing much and now some wonderful tinnitus, I am back but this time with a Road worn 50's Tele and a Victoria 5112.

This time around I plan to keep it simple, concentrate on technique, good natural tone and actually learning to play this guitar.

I am also into any and all DIY, MODs, etc. so nothing is ever too simple! But I am trying...

I am happy to find this forum!

Thank you,
John
Taos, NM
Welcome, John.....I haven't been to Taos since a family vacation sometime in the 1960's. I recall it to be a beautiful, quaint "little" place then.....I bet not so much anymore.
Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly with your "simple, concentrate on technique, and good natural tone" approach. I look forward to your contributions here......;)

Coleman4130

NEW MEMBER!
Thank you, all. I'll take and share better pics soon. -John
fullsizeoutput_5c0.jpeg

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
ReNewb. I love it. You can be that twice? This reminds me of a girl I knew in college who claimed to still be a virgin because every guy she slept with was a b******.